Thank you for your interest in residing on campus at Cal State Northridge. We look forward to having you join our community!
2022-2023 Application Steps
As COVID-19 health and safety concerns begin to moderate, we are optimistic that we will be able to house more students in our residences. That said, the Student Housing application process for the 2022 – 2023 Academic Year may be impacted by the continued COVID-19 health and safety guidance provided by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (LACDPH). The uncertainties around timing and allowable occupancy configurations may result in the need to make changes to the standard application process going forward. We will share any updates on occupancy configurations as we receive them throughout the remaining spring and summer months.
Follow the steps below to apply and complete your housing application for the academic year 2022 – 2023. Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Student Housing Application Process for 2022 - 2023
- Log into the StarRez Student Housing Portal https://www.csun.edu/housing
- Go to the Student Login link.
- If this is your first time creating an application account, select your classification as First Year Student or Continuing College Student.
- Go to the Housing Application link.
- Go to the Academic Year 2022 – 2023 application term and click the Apply button.
- Complete the application which includes, contact and general information, Living Learning/Themed Living Communities, Room Preferences, Roommate Profile, Meal Plan options, and signing the License Agreement along with submitting your payment. Note: If you are under the age of 18, your parent or guardian will need to sign your license agreement. After your payment is submitted, you will be directed back to the Student Housing Portal to view your countersigned license agreement, and you’ll receive a confirmation email indicating that you are contracted and space reserved for the 2022 – 2023 academic year.
Should you have application questions or need assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (818) 677-2160. The Student Housing Office is open Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- COVID-19 Vaccinations and Testing: All students will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as per the announced California State University COVID-19 Vaccination Interim Policy in order to be allowed to live on campus. In addition, in order to be allowed to move-in all students must show proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 3 days of arriving on campus. Once living on campus, all residents will be required to be tested for COVID-19 every week until further notice.
- Occupancy: Two residents per bedroom (up to 4 per bathroom) will be available in the University Park Apartments and Suites. Students with a vaccination exemption will not be assigned to live in units with vaccinated students.
- Meal Plan Requirements: Apartment Double without Kitchen and Suite Double without Kitchen spaces will require the purchase of a 10, 12, or All-Access meal plan during the application process.
- Suites for both Freshmen and Sophomores: Sophomores have the opportunity to live in the Suites for the 2022 – 2023 academic year. The Suites environment is community focused and traditionally only open to first-time freshmen. If you are a sophomore and you are interested in living in the Suites this year, please contact us and let us know.
- Cancellations: If you no longer plan to live in Student Housing at CSUN or have decided to attend another University, you can submit a cancellation form in the StarRez Student Housing Portal via the “Forms” link, then select Academic Year 2022 - 2023, then complete the Request for Release Before Move-In form.