Thank you for your interest in residing on campus at Cal State Northridge. We look forward to having you join our community.
2021-2022 Application Plans
A two-part application process has been established where students will submit an intent to live on-campus application, and then continue to a legally binding contract once we are able to guarantee space to the student. Specific details are noted below.
Part One of the application process will have students submit an Intent to Live On-Campus application that indicates they intend to live on campus for the 2021-2022 Academic Year. As the Part One application is received students will be placed on an “intent list” to be contracted once a bedspace is available. The Intent to Live-On Campus form will include students name, contact and demographic information (year in school, gender, etc). Students on the intent list will be contracted on a first come, first serve basis.
Applicants will be notified when Part Two of their application process is available for them to complete. Notifications will be sent to applicants on the intent list in the order their Part One application was received.
Part Two will be a License Agreement application process which includes selecting a Room type, Living Learning or Themed Living Community option, Meal Plan option, and filling out Roommate Profile questions. Part Two will be finalized with signing a license agreement and a COVID-19 Addendum along with paying application fees to complete the process and be contracted to live on campus.
- COVID-19 Vaccinations and Testing: All students will be required be vaccinated for COVID-19 as per announced California State University COVID-19 Vaccination Interim Policy in order to be allowed to live on campus. In addition, in order to be allowed to move-in all students must show proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 7 days of arriving on campus. Once living on campus all residents will be required to be tested for COVID-19 every week until further notice.
- Occupancy: Two residents per bedroom (up to 4 per bathroom) will be available in the University Park Apartments and Suites. Students with vaccination exemption will not be assigned to live in units with vaccinated students.
- Meal Plan Requirements: Apartment Double without Kitchen and Suite Double without Kitchen spaces will require the purchase of a meal plan during the application process.
- Suites for both Freshmen and Sophomores: Sophomores have the opportunity to live in the Suites for the 2021 – 2022 academic year. The Suites environment is community focused and traditionally only open to first-time freshman. If you are a sophomore and you are interested in living in the Suites this year, please contact us and let us know.
- Cancellations: If you no longer plan to live in Student Housing at CSUN or have decided to attend another University, you can submit a cancellation form in the StarRez Student Housing Portal via the “Forms” link, then select Academic Year 2021 -2022, then complete the Request for Release Before Move-In form.