July 16, 2020
- Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health, in collaboration with the Antelope Valley African American Infant and Maternal Mortality (AV AAIMM) Prevention Initiative and the AV Wellness Community, will begin The Village, virtual mental health support group for Black/African American Moms on Wednesdays at 11am.
- Maternal Mental Health Now will be hosting an infant massage and perinatal mental health webinar on August 13, 2020 at 1pm. Join Dr. Elaine Fogel Schneider to learn more about the benefits of infant massage, the current evidence-based research, and how you can incorporate TouchTime® infant massage into your own work,. Nurturing touch between a parent/caregiver and an infant enriches physiological, social-emotional, and mind/body/spirit connections for the infant being massaged, as well as for the parent offering the massage. To attend the webinar free of charge with now CEU, enter discount code ‘FREE.’
- Shared on behalf of National Alliance on Mental Health (NAMI)
- You Are Not Alone infographic from the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) to get more information and for ways to reach out and get help.
- Impact Ripple Effect infographic from NAMI to look at some ways mental illness can impact lives and have a ripple effect.
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Health) SFV's comprehensive resource guide available in English and Spanish to help you and your loved ones find local assistance: https://www.namisfv.org/resources.