Become A HERE Center Faculty Member
Why become a HERE Center Faculty Partner?
- You will join a community of scholar-activists who care about health disparities in our local community
- You can brainstorm, conceptualize, and plan with a community to translate your research into advocacy
- You can learn how to reflect authentic community needs by including promotoras in your research
- You can be a part of a HERE Center writing group
- You can post your research on our website and discuss your research laboratory and needs with CSUN students at a semi-annual “Getting Into Research” event sponsored by the HERE Center’s START Office
- You can access the HERE Center’s research methodologist/statistician to design a study, analyze data, or write sections of grant proposals or manuscripts
- You can attend events with limited capacity (such as the Grant Writer’s Seminars and Workshops)
- You can network with community members and CBO partners, develop community collaborations
How to become a HERE Center Faculty Partner?
- Sign up and complete our Ethics in Community-Partnered Research Training (mandatory)
- After you complete the Ethics in Community-Partnered Research Training, we will reach out to you to confirm your interest in becoming a HERE Center Faculty Partner
- We will request the Faculty Partner to provide changes and updates to their research bio, if any, once per semester
- Mentor training is optional but highly recommended:
- Since it is likely that students will check out your research biography and connect with you for research assistant opportunities, we highly recommend that you complete some form of mentor training
- Or, you can complete our online, self-paced Critical Mentoring Training (coming soon)
White Anti-Racism (WAR) Faculty Learning Community (FLC) on the Faculty Involvement
Learn more about the White Anti-Racism (WAR) Faculty Learning Community (FLC) on the Faculty Involvement
If you would like to be added to our center directory and be looped in for events and announcements, please fill out the embedded form below so we can reach out to you!