• Housing Banner


In response to COVID-19, some resources have modified their operational hours/procedures. For updated details and announcements, please visit the designated webpage for each resource.

It is common to experience some sort of housing instability during college. These are resources for emergency housing, as well as information to minimize housing challenges in the future.

CSUN Housing Instability Project

CSUN Housing Instability Project

The goals and objectives behind the Housing Instability Project consists of,

  • Identify and understand housing instability among CSUN students

  • Identify available resources to prevent housing instability and promote housing stability among CSUN students

  • Promote CSUN student awareness of and access to local resources that prevent, reduce or eliminate housing instability

  • Provide referral and linkage, to prevent, reduce or eliminate housing instability

Housing Instability Project

CSUN Student Housing

CSUN Student Housing Logo

CSUN Student Housing Office 818-677-2160 


Student Housing exists to promote individual development, academic success and conscientious citizenship among future and current residents through its facilities, services and programs. Student Housing also provides students the resources to foster respectful and responsible living in a learning environment. If you are interested in learning more about housing and living on-campus, please visit our website or call our office to learn more about availability.



Student Housing, North Campus – 17950 Lassen Street (corner of Lassen Street and Zelzah Avenue)


Hours of operation:

Monday–Friday 8am – 5pm 

Temporary Housing

Our Mission

The California State University, Northridge Temporary Emergency Housing program provides emergency housing at no cost to eligible CSUN students. Temporary Emergency Housing specializes in aiding the CSUN homeless student population in acquiring resources such as housing, food pantry and information on other basic need resources. This program emphasizes on providing these emergency resources to students, to ensure that students have the best options available to maintain their scholastic career and welfare.

To apply for the Temporary Emergency Housing Program, you can either fill out the CSUN Temporary Housing Program Online Application or fill out the downloadable CSUN Temporary Emergency Housing Program Application.

Local Resources

Local ResourcesAddressContact InformationHours
CSUN Student Housing Office17950 Lassen St.
Northridge, CA 91325
(818) 677-2160 
The Village Family Services6736 Laurel Cyn. Blvd. Suite 200
North Hollywood, CA 91606
(818) 755-8786M-F 10:00am-5:00pm
LA Family Housing7843 Lankershim Blvd.
North Hollywood, CA 91605
(818) 982-4091 
The Teen Project8140 Sunland Blvd.
Sun Valley, CA 91352
(818) 582-8832M-F 8:00am-10:00am

Penny Lane

15305 Rayen St.
North Hills, CA 91343
(818) 582-8832 
Department of Mental Health-
 (818) 610-6704 

Center for Assessment & Prevention of Prodromal States

16360 Roscoe Blvd. 2nd Floor
Van Nuys, CA 91406
(818) 528-8887 
VOALA: Women’s Care Cottage6428 Whitsett Ave.
North Hollywood, CA 91606
(818) 623-0209M-F 8:00am-2:00pm
Village Family Services (VFS) Referral Process6801 Coldwater Canyon Ave, Suite 1E 

North Hollywood, CA 91605

(818) 755-8786 
TAY Drop-In Centers



Rudy Ramirez

(213) 738-2521





LAC DMH – Transitional Age Youth (TAY) 



 Gatekeeper (213) 738-6194


ESSP Program description (Enhanced Emergency Shelter Program)


(213) 738-6194



150 N. Third St.▪ Burbank, CA, 91510

Main: 818-238-5197

Work Cell:  818-863-2814


Seed House Project Application

8539 Nestle Ave Northridge CA 91325

(800) 264-3063

Email Application To:


Bridge to Home

23752 Newhall Ave, Newhall, CA 91321

(661) 254-4663

8 AM – 5 PM

Family Services Agency/ Linden Housing Program

2721 Burbank Blvd, Burbank, CA 91505 

Point of Contact for Services: (818) 845-7671   

Contact Karissa: (818) 333 0521


LA Family Housing

7843 Lankershim Blvd, North Hollywood, CA 91605

(818) 982-4091

If you are an individual:
Email referrals@lafh.org or call 818.255.2703 (email preferred).

If you are a family:
Email referrals@lafh.org or call 818.255.2766 (email preferred).

Hours: Open ⋅ Closes 5PM

Family Solution Center: 7817 Lankershim Blvd, North Hollywood 8:00 am – 6:00 pm (lunch from 12:00-1:00)

Individual Solution Center: 7843 Lankershim Blvd, North Hollywood

8:00 am– 4:00 pm (lunch from 12:00-1:00)