Recreation and Tourism Management

Graduate Advisement and Planning

Requirement for Admission to the Graduate Program

In addition to University requirements, the Department of Recreation and Tourism Management requires:

  1. Bachelor’s degree from accredited university and all standard CSUN requirements. Persons with degrees from other disciplines are welcome. However, persons without a Bachelor’s degree in Recreation, Hospitality, Travel and Tourism Studies or allied field must complete prescribed foundation course (RTM 500). Foundation course may be completed prior to or while enrolled in graduate courses. California State University requirements must be met for promotion to classified status.
  2. Submission of the following, addressed to the department’s graduate coordinator:
    1. Two letters of recommendation (at least one letter should be written by academic faculty).
    2. Statement of purpose discussing the applicant’s interests and goals as they relate to the selected option in the Master of Science in Tourism, Hospitality, and Recreation Management.

New graduate students are accepted to begin in the Fall semester only.

Visit the Graduate Studies site for application guidelines.

If you have questions, please contact the graduate coordinator, Dr. Joong-won Lee ( or 818-677-3250)