College of Health and Human Development
Learn the skills to enhance, enrich, and empower the human experience. Serve your community as a health advocate, nurse, exercise physiologist, audiologist, environmental health specialist, youth counselor, hospitality & tourism specialist, food scientist, physical therapist, assistive technology specialist, and more.
We are honing skills and finding solutions that improve the quality of life for individuals, communities and families. Health and Human Development is focused on preventing problems involving health and well-being, and where such issues exist, we address them through rehabilitation and rejuvenation.
Our alumni are in professions that enrich health and well-being, fitness and activity, and living environments. Together, HHD students, faculty, staff, and community improve the quality of life through research, education, and action.
HHD Stories Come to Life Video Series
- Scott L. Ponaman, Founder, President Ponaman Healthcare Consulting, (B.S. '89, M.S. '92, Health Administration) on how he discovered ways to help others through health administration optimization (E-6)
- Jane Marlis, Speech-Language Pathologist, M.S.. Communication Disorders Alum ('77) on a rewarding career working with children who stutter (E-5)
- Nina Amirian and Ariel Dankner Nursing Alums, Who Delivered Some of the Earliest COVID vaccines (E-4)
- Adrienne Borlongan and JP Lopez FCS, and Business alums; Owners, Founders Wanderlust Creamery (E-3)
- Lee Zeidman, RTM Alum, President, STAPLES Center, Nokia Theatre, and LA Live (E-2)
- Terri Stratton, HSCI Alum, CEO of El Dorado Community Health Centers in Northern California (E-1)
The CSUN College of Social and Behavioral Sciences is pleased to present our 2nd Annual CSUN BikeFest event! Whether you ride for fun, health, transportation, or anything in-between, biking offers something for everyone. Don't have a bike? Don't worry, you can still walk and roll with us! All abilities are welcome. Read more
HHD Student Town Hall, we need to hear your voice! If you're an HHD student please come to our Town Hall meeting Thursday, October 19, 2023. Dean Mechelle Best and Associate Dean Dimitri Tamalis will be there to talk with you. Share you ideas, thoughts and concerns. Refreshments will be served. More About the HHD Student Town Hall
Now scheduled for fall, 2024, the Inaugural HHD Heroes Award will recognize the success and accomplishments of a professional in one of the fields of HHD who has overcome barriers and made a significant impact through extraordinary work to improve and/or save the lives of others. These heroes are role models for students, alumni, faculty, staff, and the community.
Find Out More About the Heroes Award