Health care is one of the fastest growing, most dynamic and necessary industries. The field offers energetic, creative, and enterprising individuals a host of administrative and service options. The Master of Science in Health Administration degree prepares students for a full range of health care management and leadership careers in management, planning, marketing, consulting, quality improvement, strategic planning, operations, and other related roles. These roles can be in public, voluntary, and private health care agencies and organizations.
The Graduate Program in Health Administration prepares a diverse student body for leadership positions in health care organizations in the Greater San Fernando Valley and Los Angeles areas. Graduate students in the program can advance in their current health care, health services or health administration positions or by making their initial entry into a health administration role. With a faculty focus on learning-centeredness, community and university service, as well as scholarship, the program is well positioned to educate students for professional practitioner positions aligned with the current health care environment.
Our vision is to be a premier leadership program in the Greater Los Angeles area that provides a high-quality, respected health care management education that prepares students to meet the needs of an evolving health care delivery industry.
We have been serving the Greater San Fernando Valley and surrounding areas for over 40 years and have over 2,000 alumni. We do this by adhering to the following values:
- Impact: Improve the health status and strength the healthcare delivery system in our local, state, national, and global communities
- Collaboration: Recognize how interdisciplinary teams and organizational partnerships can enhance effectiveness in the healthcare industry
- Professionalism: Instill throughout all aspects of the program including student development and faculty interactions
- Ethics and Integrity: Demonstrate behavior which exhibits a high degree of character and exemplary behavior
- Cultural Competency: Instill an understanding and appreciation of the diversity of our service community