Interested in applying to the MPH program at CSUN for Fall 2018?
Watch our Information Session Webinar to Learn More
Fall 2018 applications are open from October 2, 2017 until May 1, 2018. Please read all information below CAREFULLY.
Application Priority: The review of complete applications begins December 1, 2017.Early applications are encouraged, to ensure timely receipt of all required documentation. Complete applications received after December 1st may be considered, but will have reduced opportunities for program admission. Incomplete applications (including those missing letters of recommendation) received after 5pm (PST) on May 1, 2018 will not be considered.
Notification of Admission: Applicants who submitted by the December 1, 2017 deadline are expected to hear of admission status AFTER January 31, 2018. Applicants who submit after the December 1, 2017 deadline, and by the May 1, 2018 deadline are expected to hear of admission status AFTER June 30, 2018.
• The Fall 2018 MPH Checklist found here provides all needed information to assist in submitting your application to the program.
• Please be advised that students will complete two (2) applications: one for the University via CalState Apply, and one for the MPH Program via ApplyWeb (department application). Use the Fall 2018 MPH Checklist when you apply!
• Statement of Purpose: See the Fall 2018 MPH Checklist for tips on writing your statement of purpose for the MPH in Community Health Education or Applied Epidemiology.
• Rolling admissions process: Due to limited class sizes, early applications are encouraged to improve likelihood of admission. Applications received after December 1, 2017 or immediately before the May 1, 2018 deadline, although acceptable, will be considered but will have reduced opportunities for admissions.
• International applicants: Applicants are encouraged to contact the International Admissions office for assistance and specific information. Note that applicants must submit a COMPLETE application to be considered for admission – this includes all materials properly submitted to ApplyWeb for the department as well as the University application. We currently do NOT accept students through the Intensive English Program (IEP).
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): Many questions pertaining to the MPH program can be easily answered by clicking on the FAQs tab on the right side panel. Please review these FAQs prior contacting the program regarding questions.
Please do not send any paper materials to the department office – all materials are to be submitted online!