For both concentrations: NT and COM interns must submit the following:
- Letter of application via DICAS (please indicate in the letter which concentration you would like to be considered for, Nutritional Therapy, Community or both)
- A Bachelor’s Degree,
- Verification Statement from an AND approved/accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) or a Declaration of Intent to complete the DPD must be submitted,
- Signed DI professional program contract form found on the CSUN DI website,
- 3 letters of recommendations (One must be from and employer /supervisor and one must be from a full time Nutrition/Dietetics faculty.),
- Applicants interested in applying to the DI must file a separate application for graduate school at California State University Northridge (CSUN) through CSU Mentor. Students must submit letter of application to the university with the DI application.
For NT concentration:
- Previous work experience in dietetics or related filed setting. Clinical setting preferred.
For COM concentration:
- The intern must be employed by a California WIC program at the time of application and maintain continued employment in good standing at a WIC agency. (One letter of recommendation must be from a WIC supervisor)
If the four positions are not filled with WIC employees, additional interns will be selected.
Applicants interested in applying to the DI must file a separate application for graduate school at California State University Northridge (CSUN) through CSU Mentor. This can be done on-line through the university website: www.csun.edu.