The Master of Science in FCS
For admission as a classified graduate student, the following requirements must be satisfied:
- Hold a baccalaureate (bachelor’s) degree from an officially accredited university or college in Family and Consumer Sciences, the option to which the student is applying, or a related field.
- Have an overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or greater for courses taken in the bachelor’s degree. Applicants with less than a 3.0 undergraduate GPA who can demonstrate evidence of academic acumen, may submit their application for consideration.
- Formal approval by the department, based on the complete application and supporting documents.
- Apply to the university (please note you must also apply to the department, see item #6 below).
a. Complete the university application online by visiting Cal State Apply. For more information regarding university admission, please visit the Graduate Studies website for admission guidelines, which can be accessed here.
b. Send your official transcripts to CSUN. More information on how to send your official transcripts to CSUN can be found here.
5. Submit following documents to the FCS department:
- Personal statement of interest
- Copy of transcripts from undergraduate program
Please send the required documents to:
M.S. Program in FCS
Attn: Dr. Yoko Mimura
Department of Family and Consumer Sciences
California State University, Northridge
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8308
The application deadline for Spring 2019 admissions is Thursday, November 1, 2018.
The application for Fall 2019 admissions BEGINS Monday, October 1, 2018.
Updated September 18, 2017