The Department Graduate MS SLP Application will be available, beginning Saturday, October 1, 2022.
The Department Application Deadline is Thursday, January 5, 2023.
It is important to note that each applicant will need to complete two (2) applications for the Graduate Masters of Science (MS) Program
1) The Department Graduate MS SLP Program Application
2) The CSUN University Graduate MS SLP Application
Both Applications should be submitted on Thursday, January 5, 2023.
You can access the Department MS Graduate Application by using the following link: Graduate Application for Master's MS SLP Fall 2023
Please note: There is a $30.00 fee upon submission of the Department Graduate MS SLP Application through ApplyWeb for the upcoming Fall 2023 admission cycle.
You will need to be prepared to upload documents and information, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Electronic copy of transcripts from all Colleges and Universities attended (if you have received a BA at another University be sure to include the transcript or transcripts)
- Email addresses for Recommenders you have asked to complete the Letter of Recommendation Forms
- Statement of Intent (Directions and prompts can be found within the application)
Additional information for Applicants:
- The Department requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Disorders or a minimum of 30 specific prerequisite semester units in the major before beginning graduate study. However, we highly value prospective students’ grade point average in the major, and give priority to students who have submitted grades for 18 or more semester units of required prerequisite major coursework.
- Prerequisite coursework should include the following or the equivalent (descriptions of courses can be found at CSUN Catalog CD Courses):
- CD405 - Phonetics
- CD410 - Hearing Science
- CD415 - Speech and Language Development
- CD442 - Speech Science
- CD445 - Audiometry and Hearing Conservation
- CD446 - Auditory Rehabilitation
- CD450 - Fluency and Disorders of Fluency
- CD451 - Phonological and Articulation Disorders
- CD462 - Language Disorders I
- CD469A - Diagnostic Methods in Communication Disorders
- Letter of Recommendations are most effective when they are written by a person who knows you and your work. Select someone who taught a course in which you performed well academically, and where you made contributions to the class. Recommendations from family, friends and relatives, casual employers, and coworkers are not appropriate. We suggest that at least 2 of the 3 letters come from academic faculty.
- Applicants should not need to contact the Department Office regarding the status of an application. Once you have uploaded all of the documents and submitted your application through ApplyWeb (CollegeNet) the application is available to the Department Office for processing.
- When the review process is complete, the Department will email applicants regarding the outcome of the process. You will know at that time if you have been admitted, denied admission, or placed on a wait list. These emails are expected to be sent out around the March 2023.
All applicants will also need to complete the University Graduate application, which you can access through the following link:
CSUN University Graduate Application Fall 2023