Thank you for your interest in applying for graduate studies in the Department of Communication Disorders & Sciences at California State University, Northridge. The Department is now accepting Graduate Applications for Fall 2018.
The Department Graduate Application will be available beginning Monday, October 2nd, 2017 through Monday, January 15th, 2018.
Each applicant will need to complete two applications for the Graduate Program in Speech-Language Pathology. 1) The Department Graduate Application and 2) The University application. Links for both can be found below.
You can access the Department Graduate Application by using the following link: https://www.applyweb.com/cgi-bin/app?s=csun
You will need to be prepared to upload documents and information, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Electronic copy of transcripts for all Colleges and University’s attended
- Electronic copy of current Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller’s Analogy Test (MAT) score
- Email addresses for Recommenders you have asked to complete the Letter of Recommendation Forms
- Statement of Intent (Directions and prompts can be found within the application)
Additional information for Applicants:
- The department requires that students complete a minimum of 30 prerequisite units in the major before beginning graduate study. However, we highly value prospective students' grade point average in the major, and give priority to students who have submitted grades for 18 or more semester units of required prerequisite major coursework.
- Letter of Recommendations are most effective when they are written by a person who knows you and your work. Select someone who taught a course in which you performed well academically, and where you made contributions to the class. Recommendations from family friends, relatives, casual employers, and coworkers are not appropriate. We suggest that at least 2 of the 3 letters come from academic faculty.
- Applicants shouldn’t need to contact the office regarding the status of an application. Once you have uploaded all of the documents and submitted your application through Apply Web (CollegeNet) the application is available to the Department Office for processing.
- When the review process is complete, the Department will email applicants regarding the outcome of the process. You will know at that time if you have been admitted, denied admission, or placed on a wait list. These emails generally are sent out within the first couple of weeks of April (2018).
It is necessary to upload all requested documents to the Department Graduate Application by the deadline listed above (Monday, January 15, 2018). Once this date has passed you will not be able to upload any documents for the Fall 2018 term application.
All applicants will also need to complete the University Graduate Application, which you can access through the following link:http://www.csun.edu/admissions-records/apply-graduate-student