The Department Graduate Doctoral Program in Audiology (Au.D.) application will be available beginning Saturday, October 1, 2022, and the deadline is Thursday, January 05, 2023.
It is important to note that each applicant will need to complete two (2) applications for the Graduate Doctoral Program in Audiology (Au.D.)
1) The Department Graduate Doctor of Audiology (Au.D.) Application
2) The CSUN University Graduate Doctor of Audiology (Au.D.) Application
Both Applications should be submitted no later than Thursday, January 05, 2023.
You can access the Department Au.D. Program Graduate Application by using the following link: Graduate Application for Doctoral of Audiology Program Fall 2023
Please note: There is a $30.00 fee upon submission of the Department Graduate MS SLP Application through ApplyWeb for the upcoming Fall 2023 admission cycle.
You will need to be prepared to upload documents and information, which includes, but is not limited to:
1. Electronic copy of transcripts for all Colleges and University’s attended (if you received a Bachelor's Degree at another University be sure to include the transcript or transcripts; this request also applies to Community Colleges, where you may have completed General Education courses)
2. Email addresses for Recommenders you have requested to complete the Letter of Recommendation Forms
3. Statement of Intent (Directions and prompts can be found within the application)
Additional information for Applicants:
- The Department requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Disorders or a minimum of 18 units of prerequisites in Communication Disorders and Sciences before beginning graduate study. However, we highly value prospective students' grade point average in the major, and give priority to students who have submitted grades for 12 or more semester units of required prerequisite major coursework.
- Prerequisite coursework should include the following or the equivalent (descriptions of courses can be found at CSUN Catalog CD Courses):
- CD405 - Phonetics
- CD410 - Hearing Sciences
- CD415 - Speech and Language Development
- CD442 - Speech Science
- CD445 - Audiometry and Hearing Conservation
- Phys305/L - Physics of Music and Lab (or Acoustics)
- Letter of Recommendations are most effective when they are written by a person who knows you and your work. Select someone who taught a course in which you performed well academically, and where you made contributions to the class. Recommendations from family friends, relatives, casual employers, and coworkers are not appropriate. We suggest that at least 2 of the 3 letters come from academic faculty.
- Applicants should not need to contact the office regarding the status of an application. Once you have uploaded all of the documents and submitted your application through Apply Web (CollegeNet) the application is available to the Department Office for processing.
- When the review process is complete, the Department will email applicants regarding the outcome of the process. You will know at that time if you have been admitted, denied admission, or placed on a wait list.
Per University requirements, all applicants need to complete the University Graduate Application (NOTE: This is a separate application from the Au.D. Program's specific application).
CSUN University Graduate Application