Child and Adolescent Development

  • Students - CADV

Forms and Petitions

These are the most common forms relevant for CADV majors.

Changing your Major to CADV

Are you interested in changing your major to CADV or even switching CADV options?

If you have less than 90 units, you can easily do this online by following the instructions here: online change of major/minor/option process

If you have more than 90 units, you can still change your major/option but you will have to use the paper form AND demonstrate in your MAP that your total units will NOT exceed 140 units if you make this change. 

Watch this video showing you how to temporarily change your MAP to see if you've taken any classes that count for the CADV major before officially changing your major: LOOKING AT THE CADV MAJOR IN MY MAP 

If you would like to learn more contact a Peer Advisor or attend one of our advisement workshops to see what extra classes you may have to complete.

Applying for Graduation

When and how do I apply for graduation?

Students typically apply for graduation one-year in advance of their proposed graduation date. As a CADV major, here are the steps to follow in applying for graduation:

Step 1: Update your MAP and plan ALL the remaining courses needed to graduate. If you do not know how to use your MAP, please watch the video under the advising resources tab.

Step 2: Print a PLANNED MAP. This means you click the button "Submit my plan" and make sure ALL sections have turned green. If you have any sections that are red, then you likely have not done this correctly. (Do not click the "PDF" button on PLANNED MAP.

Step 3: Complete the Application for Graduation. Check out this video to help you apply online.

Step 4: Drop off BOTH your planned MAP with the graduation application to the CADV Department Office (Sequoia Hall 285). Allow 2-3 weeks for a faculty advisor to review and sign your application. The most common reason an application is rejected is because the MAP was NOT printed before clicking the "submit my plan" button. 

Step 5: Wait to be notified by the CADV office that your form is ready for you to pick up.

Step 6: Take your MAP and signed graduation application to Admissions & Records for processing. If you missed the stated deadline, don't worry you will just have to pay the late fee (plus the regular fee).

Everything you need to know about graduation can be found online here.

CADV 495 A/B Course Enrollment Application Form

CADV 495 enrolls by application and committee selection. Download the application and submit it to the CADV Department office (SQ 285) or email it to

 CADV 495 Application Form

Department Honors Program Application

Complete the application and submit it by email to Drs. Camacho and Miodrag (Honors Program Coordinators).

PDF iconDepartment Honors Program Application