Do you still need to take the GRE?
The Office of Graduate Studies provides students with a list of GRE resources and collaborates with Princeton Review to organize one FREE Virtual GRE workshop for CSUN students. The workshop is scheduled for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
If you have any questions, please call the Graduate Studies Office at (818) 677-2138.
Please click on the tab below to view the resources for the GRE and to register for the workshop.
The best way to begin preparation for the GRE is to take a practice test to gain a better understanding of your areas for growth.
- ETS offers two free practice exams that simulate the actual test environment via their POWERPREP Online.
- In addition, all test-takers benefit from working on their vocabulary for the GRE. There are many free apps available that act as digital flashcards focused on GRE vocabulary. While the GRAD Center does not endorse any particular app, one example would be Magoosh.
- Another opportunity that works for busy students is to try podcasts that purposely use GRE words in context (one example is GRE Vocab).
- Some students can become overwhelmed by apps and web resources; We encourage those students to visit the University Library to find GRE books on general and subject exams (search "GRE" in OneSearch).
- Test preparation programs tend to be very expensive; students who receive the Fee Reduction for the GRE also qualify for free test preparation through ETS. Apply for the Fee Reduction now to gain access to these resources!
Please read before you register
- Please click on the link located under the "Workshop Details" tab to register for the GRE workshop.
- Students must use their CSUN email to register.
- Students will also need to complete a Zoom Registration Form; our office will send the link to access the form before the scheduled workshop.
- Once the Zoom Registration form is complete, students will receive a confirmation email with the meeting instructions.
Spring 2023 Workshop Details
GRE Workshop 1
Speaker: Princeton Review Representative
Date: Saturday, February 18th
Time: 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Location: Via Zoom
Click HERE to register.