February 24, 2015
Created upon the occasion of President Dianne F. Harrison’s Investiture, the Harrison Leadership Award will recognize a freshman California State University, Northridge student for his or her leadership, as demonstrated by involvement in student government, a club or another campus organization.
Awarded each fall, this $5,000 scholarship will recognize and support the university’s emerging student leaders, creating a culture of leadership on campus while also building our community’s next generation of leading voices.
The selection process for this scholarship will include consideration of:
- Leadership on campus
- Capacity to articulate a purpose or goal
- Ability to recruit others to share that goal
- Willingness to accept responsibility
- Determination and mental toughness
- Respect for others and fair mindedness
- Positive influence on others and collaborative nature
- Academic achievement as displayed by a minimum 3.0 GPA
To learn more about the award and donate, visit the President Harrison investiture website.