The Map Collection holds approximately 200,000 historical and thematic maps, including a wide variety of city and street maps, population and demographic maps, pictorial maps, tourist maps, transportation maps, and planning maps, among many others. The Map Collection's holdings are international in scope and contain historical and thematic maps from the cities and regions of the United States, North America, South America, Central America, the Caribbean, Europe, Russia, Asia, Africa, and Oceania. Holdings also include general world maps, hemispheric, and polar maps. Collection strengths include maps of Los Angeles, the San Fernando Valley, the Bay Area, and Western American, including California.
- Historical Street Maps of the San Fernando Valley
- Thomas Guide City Street Atlas Collection
- Historical Planning & Zoning Maps of Los Angeles County
- Demographic, Population, & Census Tract Maps of Los Angeles County
- City Subway & Bus Maps
- Popular Airline Route Maps
- Historical Automobile Road Maps (AAA, NAC, ACSC)