The CSUN Library Map Collection has been member of the Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP) since 1958 and holds more than 200,000 government document maps from the United States Geological Survey (USGS), the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), and the Army Map Service (AMS), among others. Government maps include topographic, bathymetric, land management, and geologic maps. FDLP maps are public documents and access to these materials is always guaranteed public law (Title 44 United States Code). Read more about the FDLP here.
To access the collection, please contact Map Collection staff.
- USGS Topographic Map Collection We hold a copy of nearly every topographic map published by the United States Geological Survey, including of Puerto Rico and Guam. Common series/scales include:
- Los Angeles County historical 6-minute series (1:24,000);
- 7.5-minute series (1:24,000);
- 15-minute series (1:62,500);
- 30x60-minute series (1:100,000);
- Alaska series (1:63,360);
- United States series (1:250,000);
- Historical mapping programs like the 1-degree series (1:125,000), 1x2-degree series (1:250,000);
- Other small and obscure mapping series;
- Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Map Collection
- Army Map Service (AMS) / Defense Mapping Agency (DMA) Maps
- The Geologic Atlas of the United States (selected folios)
- Geologic Sheet Maps of Southern California