June 2, 2023
Join our upcoming workshops on Satisfactory Academic Progress, the appeal process, and advice on how to submit a successful appeal. During our workshops, we will cover information on what does SAP mean, what documents are necessary, tips on how to compose a strong statement, what comes next, and answer any questions you may have.
LOCATION: USU COMPUTER LAB
Thursday June 29th, 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Friday June 30th, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Monday July 10th, 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Tuesday July 11th, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Wednesday July 12th, 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Here are some tips on submitting a successful appeal:
What To Submit
- Signed appeal form
- Signed appeal statement
- Copies of supporting documentation (if applicable)
- Important: Your statement MUST be signed and dated
Writing A Strong Appeal Statement
Your personal appeal statement should address the serious circumstances that occurred that prevented you from meeting SAP.
- Think deeper about your reasons, ask yourself ‘why?’. It’s not enough to say you failed your class because you stopped attending. Why did you stop attending?
- Address all courses that negatively impacted your academic success, these may have occurred in prior years.
- What contributed to these events? If you were faced with the same circumstances today, what would you do better?
- What has changed? Has the situation been resolved? Why won’t this situation occur again?
- What actions have you taken to be successful in the future? What resources will you use to help yourself?
- Submit your appeal no later than July 14th to be considered for financial aid before the fall semester begins.
- Students who submit their appeal by July 14th will be notified of their appeal status by mid-August via CSUN email.
- Appeals submitted between July 15th and December 8th will be accepted, however may be processed after the semester begins and students will need to pay for fall tuition.
- Appeals submitted between December 9, 2023 and March 8, 2024 will be accepted and can only be considered for the Spring 2024 semester. Students will need to pay for spring tuition.
The Financial Aid & Scholarships team is here to help you succeed in your academic goals