2024-2025 FAFSA & CADAA Workshops

January 2, 2024

Workshop Description:  CSUN students are welcome to visit the USU computer lab, log into a computer, and fill out an online application.  Financial Aid Department staff will be there to assist with questions or help guide students through the application process. 





Monday, February 12th, 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Tuesday, February 13th, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Wednesday, February 14th, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Thursday, February 15th, 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Friday, February 16th, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. 


Monday, March 11th, 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Tuesday, March 12th, 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Wednesday, March 13th, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Thursday, March 14th, 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Friday, March 15th, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. 


  • FSA ID or CADAA login information.
    • Dependent students: if you are filling out a FAFSA, you will need to know your parent's email address to invite them to contribute their information to your application. This is a new requirement.
  • Your 2022 W-2* if you did not file taxes.

*W-2 is not required, but it is helpful.              

Workshops are conducted by the CSUN Financial Aid & Scholarship Department.

For sign language interpreting needs, contact Kathryn Vanegas at 5 business days prior to the workshop you plan to attend.

Below you will find our Frequently Asked Questions for the 2024-2025 Aid Application 

Q: What is CSUN's federal school code?
A: The CSUN school code is 001153 

Q: I filled out an application for the current school year, do I need to fill out another one for next year?
A: You must fill out an aid application each year. For example, the new 2024-2025 FAFSA/CADAA application will be available Dec. 31, 2023 and it applies to Fall 2024, Spring 2025 and Summer 2025 at CSUN. 

Q: For FAFSA or CADAA, should I select renew or start a new my application?
A: Either option is fine. Renewing allows certain demographic information to transfer over; starting a new one will require you to answer every question again 

Q: What will I need to fill out my application?
A: You will need your Social Security Number or your Alien Registration Number (for FAFSA only), W-2 information only if you did not file taxes, and your FSA ID or CADAA login. 

Q: Will I need my parent’s information?
A: Yes, only if you are considered a Dependent student. If you are filling out a FAFSA, you will need your parents' email address. Students must now invite their parents to submit their personal information on the application. Students cannot fill out the parent information section. Make sure to have your parent's email address ready and enter it when prompted to invite your parents. 

Q: What if my parents claimed me as a dependent on their 2022 taxes but now, I am not with parents and I am independent?
A: Your dependency status for financial aid purposes is not determined by whether you are claimed on your parent’s taxes. You will need to answer the dependency questions on your aid application. If it is determined you are a dependent student, you will be asked to provide your parent’s information. 

Q: What if my income or my parent’s income has changed from 2022? I no longer earn the same income. What information do I use?
A: Your 2022 income information will be imported by the IRS and if your information or your parents’ information has changed in 2023, you will have an opportunity to submit an Income Appeal during the fall of 2024. You need to submit your application using 2022 information first, and we can then consider you for an income appeal. 

Q: Will I still be eligible to receive financial aid by filing a FAFSA or CADAA if I start working?
A: Yes, you will be considered and should apply every year to determine what you are eligible for. 

Q: What if I didn’t work in 2022?
A: FAFSA/CADAA requires your 2022 income.  If you didn't work, you report as non-filer with $0 earnings for 2022. 

Q:What do I do if the application keeps saying error when I submit?
A: The application usually tells you what the error is, and what you need to enter to resolve it. If you keep having issues with your FAFSA application, please contact them at 1800-433-3243 or CADAA at 888-894-0148. 

Q: I’m a graduate student. On the dependency status, it says that I’m considered an independent student, but I’m still dependent on my parents. Do I still provide my parent's information?
A: Students who are pursuing a Master's degree are considered independent even if they are still dependent on their parents. Because of this, you do NOT need to provide your parent's info. 

Q: I receive disability benefits. When the application asks for my working wages, do I just enter the amount I get from SSI?
A: No. SSI is not reportable income. You would enter zero for wages if you do not work. 

Q: I worked during the year of 2023 only, does it change anything?
A: No, the 2024 - 2025 application year requires 2022 tax information. If you did not work in 2022, you may indicate you are a non-filer for this tax period 

Q: Is it possible to get one-on-one help filling out the application?
A: For assistance with individual questions on the application, you may reach out to FAFSA 800-433-3243 or CADAA 888-894-0148. You may also contact the financial aid office at 818-677-4085 if you have a specific question. 

We are here to help, 

Financial Aid & Scholarship Department