DATE: March 14, 2019
TO: Deans, Financial Managers, Directors, and Department Heads
FROM: Deborah Wallace Sharon Eichten
AVP, Financial Services AVP, Budget Planning & Management
SUBJECT: FY 2018/19 Year-End Calendar
We would like to take this opportunity to highlight a few items pertaining to year-end. Please take note of the deadlines on the calendar to ensure that the year-end closing process can be completed on schedule.
- All correcting entries for 2018/19 fiscal year activity are due by the following dates. Correcting entries will not be allowed after these due dates.
Transactions Posted Correcting Entries Due Date January 1, 2019 - March 31, 2019 April 26, 2019 April 1, 2019 - April 30, 2019 May 24, 2019 May 1, 2019 - May 31, 2019 June 14, 2019 June 2019 (485XX Funds) July 2, 2019 at 12:00 Noon June 2019 (All Other Funds) July 5, 2019 at 12:00 Noon
- Transfers in Online Budget (OLB) deadline is July 3, 2019. This deadline is subject to change if the posting of the payroll and benefits allocation is delayed at the State Controller’s Office (SCO).
- Billing transactions for 2018/19 eMOU's must be fully approved by Service Provider and Recipient on or before Friday, June 14, 2019. Transactions received after this date will not be processed.
- Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) are prepared annually. All eMOUs for FY 2019/20 are due to Financial Services no later than Friday, June 14, 2019. The new eMOU module in LAD will be open for FY 2019/20 MOU submission beginning Monday, April 1, 2019. All MOUs must be submitted electronically via the module. Paper submissions will not be accepted.
- The deadline to submit student fee accountability information for 2018/19 fiscal year activity is Thursday, August 1, 2019. This information is reported to the Chancellor’s Office and reviewed by the Campus Fee Advisory Committee. Specific information regarding this process will be distributed at a later date.
- The year-end calendar listing the processing deadlines, memo and financial forms can be located on the University Financial Management home page.