DATE: March 6, 2020
TO: Deans, Financial Managers, Directors, and Department Heads
FROM: John Veatch, Interim Associate Vice President, Financial Services
Sharon Eichten, Associate Vice President, Budget Planning & Management
Edith Winterhalter, Associate Vice President, Budget & Strategic Business Operations
SUBJECT: FY 2019/20 Year-End Calendar
We would like to take this opportunity to highlight a few items pertaining to year-end. Please take note of the deadlines on the calendar to ensure that the year-end closing process can be completed on schedule.
- All correcting entries for 2019/20 fiscal year activity are due by the dates listed below.
- Correcting entries will not be allowed after the following due dates.
Transactions Posted Correcting Entries Due Date January 1, 2020 - March 31, 2020 April 24, 2020 April 1, 2020 - April 30, 2020 May 22, 2020 May 1, 2020 - May 31, 2020 June 12, 2020 June 2020 (485XX Funds) July 1, 2020 at 12:00 Noon June 2020 (All Other Funds) July 2, 2020 at 12:00 Noon
- Transfers in Online Budget (OLB) deadline is July 2, 2020. This deadline is subject to change if the posting of the payroll and benefits allocation is delayed at the State Controller’s Office (SCO).
- Billing transactions for 2019/20 eMOU's must be fully approved by Service Provider and Recipient on or before Friday, June 12, 2020. Transactions received after this date will not be processed.
- Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) are prepared annually. All eMOUs for FY 2020/21 are due to Financial Services no later than Friday, June 19, 2020. The eMOU module in LAD will be open for FY 2020/21 MOU submission beginning Wednesday, April 1, 2020. All MOUs must be submitted electronically via the module. Paper submissions will not be accepted.
- Deadlines for 2020/21 Budget Build in Questica are as follows:
- March 13, 2020 - Departments to submit changes on Vacant Positions Audit to Human Resources
- April 6, 2020 - Budget Office to distribute PY_ADJBASE, RECURRING, and CO_TARGET amounts to divisions
- May 15, 2020 - Colleges/departments to adjust salaries in Questica Salaries
- June 1, 2020 - Colleges/departments promote line item budgets to division managers
- June 30, 2020 - Divisions promote line item budgets to Budget Office
- July 2020 - Budget Office publishes 2020-21 budget after year-end close
- The deadline to submit student fee accountability information for 2019/20 fiscal year activity is Monday, August 3, 2020. This information is reported to the Chancellor’s Office and reviewed by the Campus Fee Advisory Committee. Specific information regarding this process will be distributed at a later date.
- The year-end calendar listing the processing deadlines, memo and financial forms can be found on the University Financial Management home page.
If you have any questions please contact Solar Financials at ext. 6685 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.