DATE: March 15, 2022
TO: Deans, Financial Managers, Directors, and Department Heads
FROM: Karen Pak Associate Vice President, Financial Services
John Veatch Assistant Vice President, Budget Planning & Management
SUBJECT: Fiscal Year 2021/22 Year End Calendar
We would like to take this opportunity to highlight a few items pertaining to year end. Please take note of the deadlines on the calendar to ensure that the year-end closing process can be completed on schedule.
- Correcting entries for 2021/22 fiscal year activity are due by the dates listed below.
Transactions Posted Correcting Entries Due Date July 1 - December 31, 2021 February 11, 2022 January 1 - March 31, 2022 April 22, 2022 April 1 - April 30, 2022 May 20, 2022 May 1 - May 31, 2022 June 13, 2022 June 2022 (485xx Funds) July 1, 2022 at 12:00 Noon June 2022 (All Other Funds, non 485xx) July 5, 2021 at 12:00 Noon
- The Questica Change Request deadline is July 1, 2022. This deadline is subject to change if the posting of the payroll and benefits allocation is delayed at the State Controller’s Office (SCO).
- Billing transactions for 2021/22 eMOU’s must be fully approved by Service Provider and Recipient on or before Friday, June, 10, 2022. Transactions received after this date will not be processed.
- Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) are prepared annually. The eMOU module in LAD will be open for FY 2022/23 MOU submission beginning Friday, April 1, 2022. All eMOUs for FY 2022/23 are due to Financial Services no later than Friday, June 17, 2022. All MOUs must be submitted electronically via the module. Paper submissions will not be accepted.
- Deadlines for 2022/23 Budget Build in Questica are as follows:
- March 11, 2022 – Departments to submit changes on vacant Positions Audit to Human Resources
- April 4, 2022 – Budget Office to distribute PY_ADJBASE amounts to divisions
- May 13, 2022 – Colleges/departments to adjust salaries in Questica Personnel Module
- May 30, 2022 – Colleges departments promote line item budgets to Division Managers
- June 30, 2022 – Divisions promote line item budgets to Budget Office
- July 2022 – Budget Office publishes 2022/23 Initial Operating Budget after year-end close
- The deadline to submit student fee accountability information for 2021/22 fiscal year activity is Monday, August 1, 2022. This information is reported to the Chancellor’s Office and reviewed by the Campus Fee Advisory Committee. Specific information regarding this process will be distributed at a later date.
- The year-end calendar listing the processing deadlines, memos and financial forms can be found on the University Financial Management home page.
If you have any questions please contact Solar Financials at ext. 6685 or email email@example.com.