DATE: March 9, 2021
TO: Deans, Financial Managers, Directors, and Department Heads
FROM: Edith Winterhalter Associate Vice President, Budget & Strategic Business Operations
John Veatch Interim Associate Vice President, Financial Services
SUBJECT: Fiscal Year 2020/21 Year End Calendar
We would like to take this opportunity to highlight a few items pertaining to year end. Please take note of the deadlines on the calendar to ensure that the year-end closing process can be completed on schedule.
- Correcting entries for 2020/21 fiscal year activity are due by the dates listed below.
Transactions Posted Correcting Entries Due Date July 1 - December 31, 2020 February 12, 2021 January 1 - March 31, 2021 April 23, 2021 April 1 - April 30, 2021 May 21, 2021 May 1 - May 31, 2021 June 11, 2021 June 2021 (485xx Funds) July 1, 2021 at 12:00 Noon June 2021 (All Other Funds, non 485xx) July 2, 2021 at 12:00 Noon
- The Online Budget transfer and the Questica Change Request deadline is July 2, 2021. This deadline is subject to change if the posting of the payroll and benefits allocation is delayed at the State Controller’s Office (SCO).
- Billing transactions for 2020/21 eMOU’s must be fully approved by Service Provider and Recipient on or before Friday, June, 11, 2021. Transactions received after this date will not be processed.
- Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) are prepared annually. The eMOU module in LAD will be open for FY 2021/22 MOU submission beginning Thursday, April 1, 2021. All eMOUs for FY 2021/22 are due to Financial Services no later than Friday, June 18, 2021. All MOUs must be submitted electronically via the module. Paper submissions will not be accepted.
- Deadlines for 2021/22 Budget Build in Questica are as follows:
- March 12, 2021 – departments to submit changes on Vacant Positions Audit to Human Resources
- April 5, 2021 – Budget Office to distribute PY_ADJBASE amounts to divisions
- May 14, 2021 – Colleges/departments to adjust salaries in Questica Salaries
- May 31, 2021 – Colleges departments promote line item budgets to division managers
- June 30, 2021 – Divisions promote line item budgets to Budget Office
- July 2021 – Budget Office publishes 2020/21 budget after year-end close
- The deadline to submit student fee accountability information for 2020/21 fiscal year activity is Monday, August 2, 2021. This information is reported to the Chancellor’s Office and reviewed by the Campus Fee Advisory Committee. Specific information regarding this process will be distributed at a later date.
- The year-end calendar listing the processing deadlines, memo and financial forms can be found on the University Financial Management home page.
If you have any questions please contact Solar Financials at ext. 6685 or email email@example.com.