A free half-day seminar for self-advocates and family members who want to know more.
This seminar is designed for people who have a good basic understanding of self-determination and still have questions about how it works. This is not an introduction to self-determination.
- A brief review of self-determination and the principles
- What person-centered planning is and how it relates to
- your IPP
- Budgets, spending plans, the FMS
- Authority—yours and the regional center’s
- Independent facilitation—what it is, who can do it, what
- to look for in an IF