In Fall semester, 2021, we are transitioning many classes back to campus. Many classes remain fully online as well. Please note the class location (LOC) in the schedule of classes to see whether any on-campus meetings are required. Once enrolled, you will be contacted via your CSUN email for updates about on-campus meetings and possible room changes.
- Explore the Schedule of Classes.
- Find important dates on the Student Academic Calendar.
- Find academic information for Tseng College.
- Fully Online Asynchronous (FOA in the Schedule of Classes). These classes do not have a set meeting time. Students are not required to meet together at the same time.
- Fully Online Synchronous (FOS in the Schedule of Classes). These classes have a set meeting time. Students are expected to be online for the entire class session.
- Fully Online Intermittent (FOI in the Schedule of Classes). These classes have some meetings at set meeting times and some work is done "asynchronously" outside of the scheduled sessions.
- Campus Online Asynchronous (COA in the Schedule of Classes). The classes do not have a set online meeting time. They will have scheduled on-campus meetings that will be arranged in advance.
- Campus Online Synchronous (COS in the Schedule of Classes). These classes have a set meeting time. Some of these meetings will be online and some of the meetings will be on-campus.
- Campus Online Intermittent (COI in the Schedule of Classes). These classes have some set meeting times and some work is done "asynchronously" outside of the in-person sessions. Students are expected to attend both the online and on campus meetings for the entire duration of the sessions.
- In addition, we will have Face-to-Face classes and courses designated as Hybrid/Half Online (OH). A handful of “OH” classes will be taught in a mode called Hyflex and will have students both on and off campus at the same time. Please look at the class notes and modes of instruction for any class not listed as Fully Online to make sure you know what the on-campus expectation is for the Fall term.
Academic Advisement and SupportAcademic Advisement is available in the following areas:
- First time freshman advising is offered via zoom, phone, and email in both group and individual sessions through the Matador Advising Hub and, for EOP students, at the college-based Advising Centers/EOP offices.
- The Learning Resource Center offers online tutoring, writing lab support, and supplemental instruction via zoom and other virtual tools.
- The Matador Achievement Center (MAC) will continue to offer student athletes advisement, support, and tutoring through virtual tools. Please contact email@example.com or call (818) 677-6356.
- For students taking degree and certificate programs through CSUN’s Tseng College, the College’s Graduate and Professional Education Programs and Services Unit (GPE) provides support from application to graduation. This full spectrum of support is currently fully virtual. Students are encouraged to review online information for prospective students and current students; but all self-support students can communicate with individual GPE staff from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday, or email general inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (818) 677-3332.
Library and ResearchCurrently, the University Library is providing limited individual study space by advance reservation and computer/printing access on the Library’s main floor to current CSUN students only while the Library otherwise remains closed. For hours of operation and updated fall details as they become available, visit the Library website.
Access to TechnologyIf you need a laptop or hotspot, help with establishing a reliable internet connection, access to downloadable software, tools to communicate with your professor and more, visit Information Technology’s Keep Learning website, which is continuously updated with new resources. IT can also help with troubleshooting services and accessing virtual computer labs and support you whether you’re learning from home or on campus.
CSUN and the Campus Store offer myCSUNDigitalAccess, a convenient program designed to ensure students get the course materials they need to succeed prior to the first day of classes. The myCSUNDigitalAccess program delivers required course materials digitally to students when they register for any participating courses, with integration through Canvas.