2023 Faculty Awards
Awards are presented each year to a select group of California State University, Northridge faculty members in recognition of service, Emeritus status, and outstanding achievement in a variety of areas.
In addition to Emeritus status and service, the faculty awards honor:
- Outstanding Faculty Award - Up to (2) awards, $2000 each
- Distinguished Teaching, Counseling, or Librarianship Award - Up to (3) awards, $1,500 each
- Preeminent Scholarly Publication(s) Award - $1,500
- Exceptional Creative Accomplishment(s) Award - $1,500
- Extraordinary Service Award- $1,500
- Visionary Community Based Service Learning Award - $1,500
- Highly Influential and Sustained Innovation Award- $1,700
- High-Impact Innovation Award- $1,500
The awards are generously supported by the CSUN President and Provost, the Office of Faculty Affairs, the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, the University Foundation, the Office of Community Engagement and the Tseng College. In general, all CSUN faculty (tenure/tenure-track and lecturer faculty) are eligible. Nominations may come from any interested person or organization – students or student organizations, fellow faculty, administrators, staff, relatives, friends, alumni and we welcome self-nominations. Specific guidelines govern each award. You can find the eligibility requirements, award criteria, and nominating procedure for each award by following the appropriate link.
The deadline for receipt of nominations is March 10, 2023. The deadline for receipt of supporting materials is March 30, 2023. Instructions for submitting supporting material will be given to each nominee. Questions? e-mail: Senate Office or Phone: (818) 677-3263.