Prizes & Benefits
Grand Prize | $5,000
2nd Place | $2,500
3rd Place | $1,500
Audience Choice | $1,000
Each of the 20 Semi-Finalist teams will be paired with a dedicated mentor for the duration of the competition and provided additional coaching and support services. 5 Finalists will subsequently be selected to compete at the Final Event for $10,000 in cash prizes. See below for more details and full competition schedule!
2021 Competition Schedule
Wednesday, February 10th
Kickoff / Information Session
Friday, February 19th
Workshop: Pitching Your Startup Story
Tuesday, February 23rd
Workshop: Early Stage Startup Funding
Wednesday, March 3rd
Workshop: Startup Legal Considerations
Sunday, March 7th
Friday, March 12th
20 Semi-Finalist Teams Announced
March 12th onward
Coaching & Mentoring Period
Friday, April 9th
5 Finalist Teams Announced
Tuesday, April 27th
Applications are due Sunday, March 7th, 2021 (submitted via Canvas) and require:
(1) a 10-25 page slide deck *or*
5-7 page executive summary, AND
(2) a video not to exceed 2 minutes.
The Fine Print: Rules & Eligibility
1) The competition is open to ALL current CSUN students.
2) The competition is intended for student-created, -managed, and -owned ventures.
3) Teams must be comprised of at least 2 members.
4) At least 50% of team members must be current CSUN students as of the 2020-2021 academic year (Fall 2020 graduates eligible). The "pitch" must be delivered by a CSUN student.
5) Businesses currently earning >$15K in annual revenue are not eligible.
6) Business that have already raised >$50K in funding from outside sources are not eligible.
7) Both for-profit and non-profit business concepts are eligible; however, sources of revenue must be addressed.
8) An individual may only be a member of one team.
9) 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners from past Bull Ring Competitions are not eligible.
About CSUN's Entrepreneurship Program
The Entrepreneurship Program at the Nazarian College complements our students’ inherent energy and creativity with the skills and knowledge necessary to evaluate the feasibility of an idea and ultimately pitch, launch, and grow a new venture. Whether planning to create a business or bringing the entrepreneurial mindset to a larger organization, the program prepares students to confidently present to an audience while developing a strong action-bias and a willingness to experiment.