2017 Staff Service & Recognition of Excellence Awards Event:
The 51st Annual CSUN Staff Service and Recognition of Excellence Awards Event was held on Thursday, May 4, 2017 at the University Student Union, Northridge Center.
Staff Service Awards:
Each year, the University honors staff, managers and auxiliary employees on their 5, 10, 15, and other five year service increments. At this year's event, approximately 270 employees were recognized for collectively providing 3,200 years of service to the University!
Recognition of Excellence Awards:
The University has created programs to recognize the outstanding contributions of staff and administrators. Awards include the Presidential Award, Award of Merit, Jolene Koester Team Award, the Alumni Relations Award, and the Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion Award. The recipients of these awards are also recognized at the annual Staff Service and Recognition of Excellence Awards ceremony. You can view the names of nominees and award recipients by viewing the Visual Presentation.
AWARDS: (Nomination Forms for 2018 Awards will be available and accepted beginning January, 2018)
1. CSUN PRESIDENTIAL AWARD: The CSUN Presidential Award is granted annually to a staff member who sustains consistent, outstanding performance and demonstrates the values of the University. The staff member has exhibited a commitment to connect his/her work with the campus seven planning priorities.
- Presidential Award Description, Criteria, Eligibility and Award Information
- Preview of Presidential Award Nomination Form
2. CSUN AWARD OF MERIT: The CSUN Award of Merit is presented to employees who exemplify exceptional performance and demonstrate integrity and service to the University community.
- Merit Award Description, Criteria, Eligibility and Award Information
- Preview of Award of Merit Nomination Form
3. JOLENE KOESTER TEAM AWARD: The Jolene Koester Team Award is presented to a team of university employees who collaborate on a project, process, or other significant initiative that brings about radical, positive change that improves performance or productivity and/or reduces costs or enhances the image of the University.
- Jolene Koester Team Award Description, Criteria, Eligibility and Award Information
- Preview of Jolene Koester Team Award Nomination Form
4. ALUMNI RELATIONS AWARD: The Alumni Relations Award is presented to a staff member, faculty, or administrator whose efforts bring alumni closer to their alma mater. The recipient embodies what it means to be a loyal Matador.
- Alumni Relations Award Description, Criteria, Eligibility and Award Information
- Preview of Alumni Relations Award Nomination Form
5. EXCELLENCE In DIVERSITY & INCLUSION AWARD: The Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion Award is presented to an employee who exemplifies through leadership and positive interactions with others, a commitment to the spirit of diversity and a profound respect for all people from different backgrounds, life experiences, learning styles, and points of view within the University community.
- Excellence In Diversity & Inclusion Award Description, Criteria, Eligibility and Award Information
- Preview of Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion Award Nomination Form
6. CSUN LEADERSHIP AWARD: The CSUN Leadership Award is granted annually to an Administrator who sustains consistent and outstanding demonstration of the Leadership Principles. The Administrator has exhibited a commitment to connect his/her work with the campus's eight planning priorities.
- CSUN Leadership Award Description, Criteria, Eligibility and Award Information
- Preview of Leadership Award Nomination Form