The CSUN Student Assistant of the Year Award is granted annually to one student employee in a Student Assistant classification, who demonstrates exceptional contributions to their department by their outstanding skill-set, professionalism and quality of work and service to the University community.
Nominations must provide specific examples of how the nominee has achieved the following:
- Reliability & Professionalism –
- Demonstrates trustworthiness and dependability. Accepts all assignments and always performs as expected in a timely manner; keeps on schedule. Holds self-accountable for achieving results.
- Demonstrates professional character, respect, ability to prioritize and communicate proactively both in person and by phone.
- Initiative & Contribution –
- Demonstrates initiative. Seeks out assignments and assumes greater responsibility.
- Demonstrates creativity and imagination when contributing suggestions for change/improvement.
- Community & Campus Service –
- Demonstrates qualities of compassion and service to a specific person, department or organization, or perform a variety of volunteer activities or service throughout the year.
Recipients must be a student enrolled for at least 6 units; work an average of 10 or more hours per week as a Student Assistant during the academic periods; maintain at least an overall 2.0 GPA; and have been employed in their current department at least 1 year at the time of nomination.
Recipient of the CSUN Student Assistant of the Year Award will receive a $100 cash award and a commemorative award. They will be honored at the Annual Staff Service and Recognition of Excellence Award event.
View the Staff Service Awards & Recognition of Excellence Awards Home Page to access the current Nomination Form and view deadline information.