The CSUN Leadership Award is granted annually to an Administrator who sustains consistent and outstanding demonstration of CSUN's Leadership Principles. In addition, the Administrator should exhibit a commitment to connect their work with the campus's eight planning priorities.
Nominations must provide specific examples of how the nominee has achieved the following:
- Mission Aligned - Demonstrates a personal commitment to, and develops and implements strategies that are aligned with student success and CSUN's mission, values and priorities.
- Ethical and Collegial - Honors commitments to others and models and maintains high ethical standards and integrity.
- Collaborative - Fosters teamwork and cultivates an active network of relationships inside and outside of the functional area through inclusion, support, cooperation and productivity.
- Accountable - Holds self and team accountable for achieving promised results.
- Courageous and Resilient - Demonstrates the courage to speak up and do the right thing despite discomfort. Pursues work with energy, drive, and passion.
- Inclusive - Promotes the engagement, development and equitable treatment of all people.
- Service Oriented - Recognizes that CSUN is a publicly supported institution and keeps the public good in mind, creating a trusting, supportive and caring environment.
- Communicative - Communicates effectively with all audiences. Actively listens to others and incorporates new knowledge or perspectives into thinking.
- Talent Builder - Attracts, retains and develops high caliber employees with a wide range of diversity and capability.
- Catalytic - Develops and encourages creative approaches, creating an environment that fosters currency and innovation.
Recipient will be a regular full- or part-time Administrator of the University with a minimum of two years of service.
Leadership Award recipients will receive a $200 cash award and a commemorative award. They will be honored at the Annual Staff Services and Recognition of Excellence event.
View the Staff Service Awards & Recognition of Excellence Awards Home Page to access the current Nomination Form and view deadline information.