The 2020 Staff Service & Recognition of Excellence Awards Event:
The 54th Annual CSUN Staff Service and Recognition of Excellence Awards Event has been postponed and will be rescheduled once the current situation allows.
Staff Service Awards:
Each year, the University honors staff, managers and auxiliary employees on their 5, 10, 15, and other five year service increments. At the 2020 event, we will honor approximately 370 employees for collectively providing more than 4,750 years of service to the University!
You can view a listing of Employees Tentatively Scheduled to Be Recognized for Their Years of Service to the University at this Year's Event here.
If you believe that your name should be on the list, but it is not, or your name is on the list and you believe it should not be, please submit the 2020 Staff Service Award Honoree List Inquiry Form or contact Heather Kennedy at Heather.Kennedy @csun.edu, as soon as possible.
Recognition of Excellence Awards:
The University has created programs to recognize the outstanding contributions of staff and administrators. Awards include the Presidential Award, Award of Merit, Jolene Koester Team Award, the Alumni Relations Award, the Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion Award, the CSUN Student Assistant Award, the CSUN Leadership Award, the CSUN Community Engaged Staff Award, and new this year, the CSUN Sustainability Award. The recipients of these awards are also recognized at the annual Staff Service and Recognition of Excellence Awards ceremony.
All staff and faculty are invited and eligible to submit nominations. Please keep in mind that the nomination form and the quality of that nomination serve as the basis for selection of the recipient(s).
Nomination Forms for 2020 Awards should be submitted as soon as possible.
1. CSUN PRESIDENTIAL AWARD: The CSUN Presidential Award is granted annually to a staff member who sustains consistent, outstanding performance and demonstrates the values of the University. The staff member has exhibited a commitment to connect his/her work with the campus seven planning priorities.
2. CSUN AWARD OF MERIT: The CSUN Award of Merit is presented to employees who exemplify exceptional performance and demonstrate integrity and service to the University community.
3. JOLENE KOESTER TEAM AWARD: The Jolene Koester Team Award is presented to a team of university employees who collaborate on a project, process, or other significant initiative that brings about radical, positive change that improves performance or productivity and/or reduces costs or enhances the image of the University.
4. ALUMNI ENGAGEMENT AWARD: The Alumni Engagement Award is presented to a staff member, faculty, or administrator whose efforts bring alumni closer to their alma mater. The recipient embodies what it means to be a loyal Matador.
5. EXCELLENCE In DIVERSITY & INCLUSION AWARD: The Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion Award is presented to an employee who exemplifies through leadership and positive interactions with others, a commitment to the spirit of diversity and a profound respect for all people from different backgrounds, life experiences, learning styles, and points of view within the University community.
6. CSUN STUDENT ASSISTANT OF THE YEAR AWARD: The CSUN Student Assistant of the Year Award is granted annually to one student employee in a Student Assistant classification, who demonstrates exceptional contributions to their department by their outstanding skill-set, professionalism and quality of work and service to the University community.
7. CSUN LEADERSHIP AWARD: The CSUN Leadership Award is granted annually to an Administrator who sustains consistent and outstanding demonstration of the Leadership Principles. The Administrator has exhibited a commitment to connect his/her work with the campus's eight planning priorities.
8. CSUN COMMUNITY ENGAGED STAFF AWARD: The CSUN Community Engaged Staff Award is presented to a staff member or administrator whose efforts created greater collaboration between CSUN and our larger communities (local, regional/state, national, global) in order to contribute to the public good.
9. CSUN Sustainability Award - New for 2020!: The CSUN Sustainability Award is presented to an employee who goes above and beyond their work duties to support CSUN’s Sustainability Priority. The recipient embodies what it means to be a sustainable Matador through the implementation of operational, business, educational and/or behavioral changes. The successful honoree demonstrates passion, creativity and commitment to improve sustainability at CSUN.
CSUN Crowd Release Notice
By attending the Annual Staff Service and Recognition of Excellence event, you consent to be photographed, filmed and/or otherwise recorded. Your entry constitutes your consent to such photography, filming and/or recording and to any use, in any and all media throughout the universe in perpetuity, of your appearance, voice and name for any purpose whatsoever in connection with the production.
You give California State University, Northridge, its officers, employees, representatives, volunteers and agents (hereinafter “University”) the absolute right and permission to use your likeness in photographs, videos, or other digital media (hereinafter “photos”) in its promotional materials and publicity efforts. You understand that the photos may be used for any lawful purpose including publications, print ads, direct-mail pieces, web-based publications, or web content. You also understand that all photos will become the property of the University and will not be returned. You hereby hold harmless, release and forever discharge the University from all claims, demands and causes of action of your own, your heirs, representatives, executors, or any other persons acting on your behalf, may have.
You understand that all photography, filming and/or recording will be done in reliance on this consent given by you by entering this area.
If you do not agree to the foregoing, you may watch the event through the live stream broadcast.