2020 CSUN Student Assistant of the Year Award Nomination Form
The CSUN Student Assistant of the Year Award is granted annually to one student employee in a Student Assistant classification, who demonstrates exceptional contributions to their department by their outstanding skill-set, professionalism and quality of work and service to the University community.
Recipients must be classified as a student enrolled for at least 6 units; work an average of 10 or more hours per week as a Student Assistant during the academic periods; maintain at least an overall 2.0 GPA; and have been employed in their current department at least 1 year at the time of nomination.
Nominations must provide specific examples of how the nominee has achieved the following:
- Reliability & Professionalism –
- Demonstrates trustworthiness and dependability. Accepts all assignments and always performs as expected in a timely manner; keeps on schedule. Holds self-accountable for achieving results.
- Demonstrates professional character, respect, ability to prioritize and communicate proactively both in person and by phone.
- Initiative & Contribution –
- Demonstrates initiative. Seeks out assignments and assumes greater responsibility.
- Demonstrates creativity and imagination when contributing suggestions for change/improvement.
- Community & Campus Service –
- Demonstrates qualities of compassion and service to a specific person, department or organization, or perform a variety of volunteer activities or service throughout the year.
Please provide information pertaining to the Nominee, You (the Nominator), and the Nominee's Supervisor.
It is recommended that you use the preview of the nomination form provided on the Staff Service Awards page to prepare your responses so that you may paste them into the form in one sitting.
After you successfully submit your nomination, you will receive an email with which you can view and print a copy of your nomination. If you do not receive an email, you have not successfully submitted your nomination.
The nomination must be complete and received by Noon, Thursday, March 12, 2020.