2019 Staff Service & Recognition of Excellence Awards Event:
The 53rd Annual CSUN Staff Service and Recognition of Excellence Awards Event was held on Monday, April 22, 2019 at the University Student Union, Northridge Center. Click images below for photos/videos from the event.
Staff Service Awards:
Each year, the University honors staff, managers and auxiliary employees on their 5, 10, 15, and other five year service increments. At this year's event, we honored approximately 295 employees recognized for collectively providing more than 4,295 years of service to the University!
Recognition of Excellence Awards:
The University has created programs to recognize the outstanding contributions of staff and administrators. Awards include the Presidential Award, Award of Merit, Jolene Koester Team Award, the Alumni Relations Award, the Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion Award, and new this year, the CSUN Student Assistant of the Year Award. The recipients of these awards are also recognized at the annual Staff Service and Recognition of Excellence Awards ceremony.
AWARDS: (Nomination Forms for 2020 Awards will be available and accepted beginning February, 2020)
1. CSUN PRESIDENTIAL AWARD: The CSUN Presidential Award is granted annually to a staff member who sustains consistent, outstanding performance and demonstrates the values of the University. The staff member has exhibited a commitment to connect his/her work with the campus seven planning priorities.
- Presidential Award Description, Criteria, Eligibility and Award Information
- 2019 Presidential Award Nomination Form
2. CSUN AWARD OF MERIT: The CSUN Award of Merit is presented to employees who exemplify exceptional performance and demonstrate integrity and service to the University community.
- Merit Award Description, Criteria, Eligibility and Award Information
- 2019 Merit Award Nomination Form
3. JOLENE KOESTER TEAM AWARD: The Jolene Koester Team Award is presented to a team of university employees who collaborate on a project, process, or other significant initiative that brings about radical, positive change that improves performance or productivity and/or reduces costs or enhances the image of the University.
- Jolene Koester Team Award Description, Criteria, Eligibility and Award Information
- 2019 Jolene Koester Team Award Nomination Form
4. ALUMNI RELATIONS AWARD: The Alumni Relations Award is presented to a staff member, faculty, or administrator whose efforts bring alumni closer to their alma mater. The recipient embodies what it means to be a loyal Matador.
- Alumni Relations Award Description, Criteria, Eligibility and Award Information
- 2019 Alumni Relations Award Nomination Form
5. EXCELLENCE In DIVERSITY & INCLUSION AWARD: The Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion Award is presented to an employee who exemplifies through leadership and positive interactions with others, a commitment to the spirit of diversity and a profound respect for all people from different backgrounds, life experiences, learning styles, and points of view within the University community.
- Excellence In Diversity & Inclusion Award Description, Criteria, Eligibility and Award Information
- 2019 Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion Award Nomination Form
6. CSUN STUDENT ASSISTANT OF THE YEAR AWARD: The CSUN Student Assistant of the Year Award is granted annually to one student employee in a Student Assistant classification, who demonstrates exceptional contributions to their department by their outstanding skill-set, professionalism and quality of work and service to the University community.
- CSUN Student Assistant Award Description, Criteria, Eligibility and Award Information
- 2019 CSUN Student Assistant of the Year Award Nomination Form
7. CSUN LEADERSHIP AWARD: The CSUN Leadership Award is granted annually to an Administrator who sustains consistent and outstanding demonstration of the Leadership Principles. The Administrator has exhibited a commitment to connect his/her work with the campus's eight planning priorities.
- CSUN Leadership Award Description, Criteria, Eligibility and Award Information
- 2019 Leadership Award Nomination Form
8. CSUN COMMUNITY ENGAGED STAFF & FACULTY AWARD: The CSUN Community Engaged Staff & Faculty Award is presented to a staff member, faculty, or administrator whose efforts created greater collaboration between CSUN and our larger communities (local, regional/state, national, global) in order to contribute to the public good.
- CSUN Community Engaged Staff & Faculty Award Description, Criteria, Eligibility and Award Information
- 2019 CSUN Community Engaged Staff & Faculty Award Nomination Form
CSUN Crowd Release Notice
By attending the Annual Staff Service and Recognition of Excellence event, you consent to be photographed, filmed and/or otherwise recorded. Your entry constitutes your consent to such photography, filming and/or recording and to any use, in any and all media throughout the universe in perpetuity, of your appearance, voice and name for any purpose whatsoever in connection with the production.
You give California State University, Northridge, its officers, employees, representatives, volunteers and agents (hereinafter “University”) the absolute right and permission to use your likeness in photographs, videos, or other digital media (hereinafter “photos”) in its promotional materials and publicity efforts. You understand that the photos may be used for any lawful purpose including publications, print ads, direct-mail pieces, web-based publications, or web content. You also understand that all photos will become the property of the University and will not be returned. You hereby hold harmless, release and forever discharge the University from all claims, demands and causes of action of your own, your heirs, representatives, executors, or any other persons acting on your behalf, may have.
You understand that all photography, filming and/or recording will be done in reliance on this consent given by you by entering this area.
If you do not agree to the foregoing, you may watch the event through the live stream broadcast.