Program Education Objectives
Within 3-5 years of graduation, the alumni of the B.S. Manufacturing Systems Engineering program at CSUN will:
- Have an engineering job that applies hands-on skills to integrate technology, people, and processes effectively and economically.
- Solve complex challenges and innovate solutions for continuous improvement with a principal emphasis on safety, quality, productivity and cost.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively in multidisciplinary teams both as a leader and a member, and value diversity.
- Lean into additional responsibilities through pursuing ongoing professional development and growth.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science Degree in Manufacturing Systems Engineering at CSUN will have:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science and mathematics;
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors;
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences;
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgement, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts;
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose member together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives;
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions;
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.