Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Construction Management Program at California State University, Northridge will have the following learning outcomes:
1. Create written communications appropriate to the construction discipline.
2. Create oral presentations appropriate to the construction discipline.
3. Create a construction project safety plan.
4. Create construction project cost estimates.
5. Create construction project schedules.
6. Analyze professional decisions based on ethical principles.
7. Analyze construction documents for planning and management of construction processes.
8. Analyze methods, materials, and equipment used to construct projects.
9. Understand construction management skills as a member of a multi- disciplinary team.
10. Apply electronic-based technology to manage the construction process.
11. Apply basic surveying techniques for construction layout and control.
12. Understand different methods of project delivery and the roles and responsibilities of all constituencies involved in the design and construction process.
13. Understand construction risk management.
14. Understand construction accounting and cost control.
15. Understand construction quality assurance and control.
16. Understand construction project control processes.
17. Understand the legal implications of contract, common, and regulatory law to manage a construction project.
18. Understand the basic principles of sustainable construction.
19. Understand the basic principles of structural behavior.
20. Understand the basic principles of mechanical, electrical and piping system.