The Honors Co-Op is an honor program. It is a highly competitive and a highly rewarding program. Click on Calendar for the next info session. The eligibility requirements are listed below.
1. Have minimum 3.0 CSUN GPA (slightly lower GPA acceptable if other qualifications are exceptional).
2. Be enrolled in at least one 300-level classes in the major at the time of application.
3. Not ready to graduate until the 12 month co-op internship is completed.
4. Submit the COMPLETE application package by date shown in the Calendar.
1. Have a minimum 3.5 CSUN GPA in ALL classes (graduate & undergraduate classes) taken since the award of the baccalaureate degree (slightly lower GPA acceptable if other qualifications are exceptional).
2. Not ready to graduate until the 12 month co-op internship is completed.
3. Submit the COMPLETE application package by date shown in the Calendar.
One Year Commitment
All students who are selected for Co-Op must make a one-year commitment to the program. This involves working full time during the summer and half time during the fall and spring semesters. International students should read the page on International Students, regarding special requirements.
The CECS Co-Op is an honor program. students apply and are selected by faculty into the program. Employers enter into a special agreement with the university to participate. A student cannot join the program arbitrarily or just because s/he has been offered a job by an employer. However, we welcome employer participation at all times.
Citizenship and visa requirements
The program is open to all US citizen, resident aliens, and international students with most types of visas. Some internship positions are restricted to US citizens only; these will be indicated in the job list when they are published (just before the application period). All international student must qualify for the Co-Op internships through the normal selection procedure. A student can not come with a job offer from in hand and join the program just to meet the visa requirements. International students should read the page on International Students, regarding special requirements.
CECS494HCX- The academic component of the HC program
You must take all 6 units of the Honors Co-Op classes. They will count towards your GPA but will not count towards your major. These classes are taken for unit credit and are factored into the CSUN GPA computation, however no 494 class can be included in the senior packet for engineering majors, or in the concentrated study package for computer science majors. Please read the course syllabus for information on the CECS494HCX classes.