How to be a Sponsor?
Honor's Co-Op is a selective program both for the students and the sponsoring companies. A summary of commitments from the sponsoring companies appear below. Please contact for more information.
CECS Honor's Co-Op
Mail Drop # 8295
College of Engineering and Computer Science
California State University, Northridge
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8295
Tel. (818) 677-2146
To maintain the quality and value of the Honor's Co-Op program we request the following commitments from the sponsoring companies for each internship position.
1. Make a one year commitment to employ a student intern, full-time during summer and half-time during the following fall and spring semesters.
2. Provide the intern with meaningful technical work assignments that have been co-ordinated with and approved by the co-op director as meeting the college's academic standards.
3. Designate a person within the company who will supervise the co-op student and be responsible for guiding and directing the student's work.
4. Collaborate with a faculty advisor to guide the training and learning of the intern.
5. Facilitate three conferences with the intern, the company supervisor, and the faculty advisor; these may be on site visits or telephone conferences.
6. Pay the co-op student a resonable wage and provide company allowable benefits.
7. Provide three performance and progress evaluations of the intern by the designated supervisor.
8. Make a contribution to the college to help defray a portion of the cost of the program administration and student supervision. The suggested annual contribution is $3000 for program participation; this covers the cost of participating in the student interviews and the administrative costs for the first intern. The suggested annual contribution for each additional intern is $500.
9. The college receives no funding support for this program from the state.