SAAFE Week is Monday, April 18th to Thursday, April 21st!
Project DATE is a program that brings awareness to the prevalence of sexual assault and rape on college campuses. This week will consist of a variety of workshops, guest speakers, a campus-wide panel discussing prevention strategies to eradicate sexual assault, and a campus-wide tabling fair featuring programs and departments that emphasize student wellness and success.
We would very much appreciate your support to share our effort in raising awareness by participating in our events. Our campus-wide tabling fair will be on Wednesday, April 20th in the Plaza del Sol at CSUN from 10-2pm. There will be give aways, psycho-educational activities organized by our peer educators, photo-booths, music, and much more.
In addition, there will be a campus-wide panel titled "Moving Towards Zero: Encouraging a Rape Free Campus Climate" that will include SAAFE Week and is open to all members of the community. Our panelists will include Chief of Police Anne Glavin, Director of Equity and Diversity Susan Hua, and distinguished author and educator Mel Donalson and our very own Executive Director, Kim Roth.
Please see links to the Event pages below:
- Monday, April 18
- Tuesday, April 19
- 11a-12p - Being Mindful About Self-Care
- 3-4p - How Gender and Ethnicity Effect Rape Culture
- 5-8p - Film Screening: The Hunting Ground
- Wednesday, April 20
- 10a-2p - Campus Tabling Fair
- 11a-12p - Sexual Assault and the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community
- 12:30-2p - I Know You Said No, But Thought You Meant Maybe
- 3-5p - Self-Defense with Nelson Nio
- Thursday, April 21
- 1-2p - Questioning Sexual Assault Within The LGBTQA Community
- 3-4p - Book Reading of the Third Woman
- 4-6p - Panel: Moving Towards Zero: Encouraging a Rape-Free Campus Climate
- 7p - Poetry Slam