What is Gratitude?
Gratitude is the quality of being thankful, and readiness to show appreciation.
- It is encouraged for people to approach life with more sense of gratitude to live a happier life.
- Gratitude creates a positive emotions such as joy, love, and contentment, which can lead to a beneficial physical and emotional health.
Ways to be more Grateful
- Contact someone that has helped you in your life. It can be a parent, a friend, teacher, or a colleague. Show appreciation for their help and how it improved your life.
- Focus on the positive aspects of your life. Savor the positive emotions and experiences in life to be more grateful.
- Be involved in your community. Helping the ones in need can lead to a feeling of gratitude and positive connection with others.
Benefits of Practicing Gratitude
Gratitude brings happiness and satisfaction of life. This is all tied in with the optimistic approach.
- A sense of gratitude can reduce anxiety and depression.
- Being grateful and a positive mind can be beneficial to our bodies.
- It can improve the immune system, reduce symptoms of illness, and lower blood pressure.
- Gratitude can also lead to better sleep every night.
- Sense of gratitude can also strengthen relationships with family, friends, and other loved ones through appreciation.
- Gratitude can also increase forgiveness to reduce conflict between relationships with others.
- For students, having a grateful attitude can improve performance in school, through a sense of satisfaction. It can also reduce stress levels from school and work.
- Take care of your physical self. Get enough sleep, exercise, and keep a nutritious diet.
- Know and identify what activities are the most helpful to you.
- Surround yourself with positive people to improve your overall environment.
- Treat yourself and focus on self-care despite a busy schedule. Give yourself time throughout the day to take care of yourself.
Free Meditation - http://www.freemeditation.com/
Top 10 Yoga studios in Los Angeles - http://www.laweekly.com/arts/10-best- yoga-studios-in-la-4183718
Find a meditation group/meet-up - https://www.meetup.com/topics/meditation/