Advocating for Children with Developmental Concerns
Understanding special education services and demonstrating how to advocate for children.
Strength United's Adoption Promotion & Support Services Program (APSS) and the Child Care Resource Center have partnered to provide a comprehensive training will cover:
- How to qualify for special education
- Difference between a 504 Plan and an IEP
- How to help parents prepare for an IEP meeting
- Helpful strategies to advocate for a child's needs in school
- Children's educational rights
- Procedural Safeguards: What are they and why are they important for parents to understand
This is a FREE Community Training hosted by Strength United's APSS Program.