Special Education

Permission Numbers

The Special Education Department of Cal State Northridge issues permission numbers for the following courses:

Fieldwork and Student Teaching Courses:

  • SPED 578
  • SPED 580

CLEAR Credential Entrance and Exit Courses:

  • SPED 628
  • SPED 638/SPED 683EC (EC only)

Masters Core Requirement Courses:

  • SPED 681
  • SPED 682
  • SPED 683

Masters Culminating Experience Courses:

  • SPED 697
  • SPED 698

Other courses shouldn’t require a permission number, but occasionally they will if:

  • you met prerequisites at another school
  • you met prerequisites as an undergraduate
  • you are an Ed Therapy student with different prerequisites

If you require permission for a course not listed above, please verify the following items before writing:

  1. It is not a closed section of the class.
    (in Class Search go to the Class Details and check for Class Notes)
  2. You have met all the prerequisites.
    (check the Catalog & the Class Notes)

Request a Permission Number here