Learn more about the following at CSUN:
Other Resources & Activities at CSUN
- Short term free counseling for faculty and staff through the Office of Human Resourceshttp://www.csun.edu/benefits/lifematterscsun-short-term-counseling
- Also, University Counseling Services (UCS) does not directly provide counseling for faculty or staff, but can provide assistance to help find the most appropriate counseling or mental health referral. Please call the director at (818) 677-4069. This service is available to all full- and part-time faculty and staff.
- Faculty and staff usage of the Student Recreation Center (SRC) http://www.csun.edu/src/membership
1) Lunchtime Express classes for faculty and staff – you do not have to be an SRC member to take these classes. These are 30 or 55 minute classes – which means you can get there, change, take the class, freshen up, and get back to your office in an hour! Details are at http://www.csun.edu/src/classes/lunchtime-express You do need to register at the SRC and then you can sign up for the classes. We recommend that once you sign up at the SRC, you use the Mind/Body app or website to register for classes, as they fill up quickly. You can register starting the day before the class.
2) Two times per year the SRC runs a program that we call “Faculty Staff Member for a Week.” This program allows Faculty/Staff to use the SRC for a week at no charge so they can try out their programs and services.
3) Find out how faculty and staff can make use of the fabulous Oasis WellnessCenter at http://usu.csun.edu/eblast/20150928_OasisFacultyStaffPrograms/
- The Office of Human Resources Wellness Resources has many options for Self-Care at CSUN at http://www.csun.edu/enrichment/finding-wellness-wellbeing-campus
- The Klotz Student Health Center (SHC) has a number of low cost health services, such as Acupuncture and Asian Medicine, Chiropractic Care, and rejuvenating massages. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call (818) 677-3666 or 3692 (tty) or go to http://www.csun.edu/shc/faculty-and-staff-services
- The Institute for Health and Well-Being has services for campus and community http://www.csun.edu/wellbeing/
- Online exercises: Download lectures, free guided meditations, and meditations logs at www.dianegehart.com
- Meditation Room: CSUN Counseling Services has a meditation room, (818) 677-2366, Option 1, email@example.com
- Mindful Matadors Meditate sessions are facilitated by the Alive and Well Peer Health Educators every Tuesday from 2 – 3 pm (broken into 30 minute segments) on the grassy area on the south side of Jacaranda Hall. No registration is required and session are open to students, faculty, and staff regardless of meditation experience. In fact, we would be thrilled if more beginners would join us. We’ll bring the mats!
- Campus food delivery service called Campus Cuisine to Go! The trick is in knowing how to choose the healthy options (e.g. French fries versus baked potato). Go to http://www.csun.edu/csundining/campus-cuisine-to-go
- Weekly fresh food boxes are available in our Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program. Once ordered, the CSA boxes are delivered to the Matador Bookstore every Tuesday at 3:00. https://underwoodfamilyfarms.com/farmers-markets/
- Health Assessments available at the Marilyn Magaram Center (MMC) /marilyn-magaram-center/nutrition-experts for Dietary Analysis or Recipe Analysis, and Body Fat Testing
- Dietary guidance and Peer Nutrition Counseling (no charge) and Registered Dietitian ($25) at our Klotz Student Health Center at http://www.csun.edu/shc/faculty-and-staff-services or call (818) 677-3666 or 3692 (tty)
Yoga at CSUN on Mondays and Wednesdays, 7:00am to 8:00am, Redwood Hall B1, contact Ashley at
Resources for CSUN Students on Campus
The Michael D. Eisner College of Education recognizes the importance of students practicing self care, in addition to faculty and staff. Navigating personal and professional issues and finding a healthy work/school/life balance can be difficult. Please see the student self-care resources page to help you manage your stress, find support, and succeed.