Dear College of Education Staff and Faculty,
I hope everyone was able to remain safe during this stressful time of the Saddleridge fire, and my heart goes out to those who were especially affected. The CSUN Office of Human Resources offers the resources below through the Employee Assistance Program to support faculty and staff who have been impacted by this fire.
Saddleridge Fire | CSUN Employee Assistance Program - LifeMatters
In light of current events, CSUN faculty and staff and their family/household members are reminded that they have access to our Employee Assistance Program – LifeMatters. Employees can call LifeMatters at 1-800-367-7474 or visit www.mylifematters.com
(password: Matadors), 24 hours/7 days a week for information and helpful resources. Also please see the following resource: https://www.csun.edu/sites/default/files/distressing_event_EP.PDF
Also counseling services are available
- For students at https://www.csun.edu/counseling
- For community members at https://www.csun.edu/teaching-learning-counseling-consortium/mitchell-family-counseling-clinic
- And Strength United, especially for reoccurring trauma https://www.csun.edu/eisner-education/strength-united
In addition to these resources at CSUN, the National Association of School Psychologists has provided the resources at the links below for assisting ourselves and others, including students, after a natural disaster, such as the recent wildfire.
- Natural Disasters: Brief Facts and Tips
- Resources to Assist States/Territories Recovering from Natural Disasters (caring for us as caregivers)
- Helping Children After a Wildfire: Tips for Parents and Teachers
These are the times when we especially need to take care of ourselves! Please consider attending the wonderful 30 minutes of guided relaxation with Josh Einhorn this Wednesday, October 16th from 1:30-2:00 in CTL Conference Room.
Please look for weekly emails on upcoming self-care activities, and keep checking the website at http://www.csun.edu/eisner-education/self-care
Below are Fall 2019 self-care activity highlights:
- Oct 16th, Wednesday, 1:30-2:00PM in CTL Conference Room, Inspiration and Guided Relaxation
- Oct 23th, Wednesday, 1:30-2:00PM in CTL Conference Room, Inspiration and Guided Relaxation
- Oct. 30th, Wednesday, 12-2PM, COE Halloween Party! In Ed 1214/1216
- Nov. 5th, Tuesday 12-1PM in 1214-1216 “First Aid in Emergencies” with Lisa Curtis (Emergency Manager, Police Services, CSUN) Lunch will be served.
- Nov 6th, Wednesday, 1:30-2:00PM in CTL Conference Room, Inspiration and Guided Relaxation
- Nov 13th , Wednesday, 1:30-2:00PM in CTL Conference Room, Inspiration and Guided Relaxation
- Nov 20th, Wednesday, 1:30-2:00PM in CTL Conference Room, Inspiration and Guided Relaxation
- Dec. 3rd, Tuesday, 12-1PM ED 1214-1216 “Safety in our College of Education Building.” Greg Lee Murphy (Chief of Police) Holiday lunch will be served.
- Dec. 18th, 12-2, COE Holiday Party in 12114/1216
May everyone take good care of yourselves following this stressful time of wildfires.
Shari Tarver Behring