Many teachers—even experienced ones—question how to teach writing well. In this Open Institute, teachers at all levels and all degrees of experience will explore and practice methods for:
- Creating effective writing assignments and assessments;
- Teaching writing-on-demand testing genres;
- Using writing groups, peer response, and self-evaluation for developing writers;
- Applying effective feedback to student work; and
- Framing a Common Core-aligned writing course that focuses on sequencing skill development and genre awareness.
Participants will finish the institute with specific, easily adapted lessons, a bestpractices framework for creating assignments and assessments, and a library of resources to consult and use in their classrooms.
- July 15-19, 2013 from 9am-3pm
- The Michael D. Eisner College of Education, Room 3117
- Register and pay online at /eisner-education/cal-state-northridge-writing-project
- The $350 cost includes a Continental Breakfast and all materials.