The Teacher Induction Credential Program is a two-year, individualized, job-embedded system of mentoring, support, and professional development beginning in the candidate's first year of teaching. This program is designed for candidates who hold a valid Preliminary Teaching Credential. The Teacher Induction Program leads to a Clear Credential. The Teacher Induction program focuses on the teacher's needs in order to expand and deepen their knowledge, skills, and abilities targeted to the teacher's employment and career goals in their development as a teacher.
Purpose of the Program
The purpose of the Teacher Induction Credential Program is to provide a program of mentoring and support for beginning teachers. Candidates develop an Individualized Learning Plan (ILP) designed to strengthen their professional practice through self-assessment, goal setting, and reflection.
1. Credential Program Application - Submit an online credential program application along with a nonrefundable $50.00 application processing fee (an additional $1.38 service fee will be assessed at checkout).
2.Valid Preliminary Credential- You must possess a valid California Preliminary Teaching Credential.
New or Returning CSUN Students
1. University Application - Submit an online university application at Cal State Apply. There will be a $70.00 application fee for this application. Please review the application guide for the credential candidates here.
2. Credential Program Application - Submit an online credential program application along with a nonrefundable $50.00 application processing fee (an additional $1.38 service fee will be assessed at checkout).
3.Valid Preliminary Credential- You must possess a valid California Preliminary Teaching Credential.
5. Transcripts – Official transcripts from each institution you have attended (including community colleges) must be submitted. If you are a CSUN graduate, the only transcripts you are required to submit are for any other post baccalaureate coursework that you have completed at another institution.
- In your previous school’s transcript ordering system, choose "CSU Northridge" as the recipient. If this option is not available, use firstname.lastname@example.org as the recipient email address.
- If submitting California community college transcripts, please review eTranscript California and use this convenient system.
- Please do not send identical, duplicate electronic and paper transcripts!
- If your previous school(s) do not supply electronic transcripts, order two identical, official paper copies of those transcripts and have them sent to your mailing address.
- Once you receive the two transcript sets, do not open them. Forward each set to us in sealed envelopes—one set to the Credential Office and the other to Admissions and Records at the following addresses:
|Admissions & Records|
CSUN - Office of Admissions and Records
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8207
CSUN – Credential Office EA 103
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8265
GPA and Retention - Students must maintain an overall GPA of 3.0 with no grades lower than "C" in the professional program coursework.
Contact Information and Advisement
For questions regarding the program application process, please contact the Credential Office at (818) 677-2733 or email@example.com
For questions regarding program content and to determine which option is best for you, meet with a faculty advisor in the appropriate area when you submit your application. Contact information by specialization area is as follows:
- Induction Coordinator and advisor in Special Education Mild/Moderate Disabilities: Dr. Virginia Kennedy
- Advisor in Special Education Moderate/Severe Disabilities: Samantha Toews
- Advisor in Special Education Deaf and Hard of Hearing: Dr. Ellen Schneiderman
- Advisor in Special Education Early Childhood Special Education: Dr. Michele Haney
- Advisor in Elementary and Secondary Education: Dr. Mira Pak
Early Completion Option
While most students complete the program in two years, certain candidates are eligible for Early Completion. If you have successfully completed a year of induction through a different program, or you have more than two years of teaching experience under an issued preliminary credential, you may be able to complete the Induction Program in one year. Early completion is not guaranteed and requires a review from the Induction Advisor.
Program Completion Process
Information regarding how to apply for the clear credential can be found on our website
IMPORTANT! Before beginning the online application, make sure you are not logged into the CSUN portal. All required documents must be uploaded with your online application. Do not mail or fax any documents, except for hardcopy transcripts, which must be mailed.