Candidates must submit a Student Teaching Application during the semester prior to the one in which they wish to student teach.
|ACT||ACT candidates do not need to complete a Student Teaching Application.|
|ITEP||ITEP Multiple Subject candidates are required to attend an ITEP Student Teaching Orientation Meeting. ITEP Education Specialist candidates DO NOT need to attend the orientation meeting, fill out and submit the application listed below.|
Student Teaching Application Required for Teaching Credential Program Only.
STUDENT TEACHING REQUIREMENTS FOR SPRING 2024
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE FOR SPRING 2024: December 1, 2023
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ BEFORE PROCEEDING
To be eligible for student teaching all of the following requirements must be met: (You may submit application if these items are in progress)
- Basic Skills Requirement
- Subject Matter Competency: Passage of appropriate subject matter exam, completion of subject matter program, or appropriate academic degree major.
FYI and JYI only: completion of 80% subject matter program
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance
- Tuberculosis Clearance
- Passage of ASLPI (Education Specialist DHH Program students only)
- Prerequisite courses must be completed (see your credential progress report for prerequisite and co-requisite requirements)
- GPA Requirement: Maintain an overall GPA of 2.75 for all coursework taken after admission to credential program. Maintain cumulative 3.0 GPA in Professional Education courses. A grade of “C or better” is required in all courses.
- Other program conditions, if applicable
If you have questions concerning student teaching placement and supervision, please contact the appropriate department.
|Multiple Subject||Elementary Education Department||(818) 677-3183|
|Single Subject||Secondary Education Department||(818) 677-2580|
|Education Specialist||Special Education Department||(818) 677-2596|
The student teaching application can be accessed through your CSUN Student Portal under the Student Services Menu.