Credential Office

Service Credentials

A service credential authorizes specific services in public, charter and private schools, as well as some district offices. Some credentials require a prerequisite credential. Additional information, including program brochures and applications, can be found at our applications page.

Preliminary Administrative Services Credential

This credential authorizes service as a school administrator.  The credential holder may provide services such as supervision of certificated and classified employees, develop and implement student support services, supervise student discipline, and manage fiscal services. Information regarding prerequisite credentials may be found via the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) link noted within the Preliminary Administrative Services application brochure.

Clear Administrative Services Credential (Please note we will not be offering the Clear Administrative Services Program until further notice.)

This credential authorizes service as an administrator in all of the Preliminary areas listed above. It is earned by taking advanced coursework along with having two years of administrative experience while holding the prerequisite, Preliminary Administrative Services credential.

Pupil Personnel Services Credential

These credential programs require acceptance into the appropriate Educational Psychology and Counseling Master’s program.  The Pupil Personnel Services credentials do not require a prerequisite credential.

  • The specialization in School Counseling authorizes service as a counselor in a school setting
  • The specialization in School Psychology authorizes service as a school psychologist in a school setting

Speech Language Pathology Services Credential

This credential authorizes services by those who work as clinicians in primary and secondary school settings. The Speech-Language Pathology courses and clinical practice that are required to earn the credential are offered through the Communicative Disorders and Sciences department in the College of Health and Human Development. Acceptance into the Master’s program of study is required.  Options for this credential are as follows: