The Speech-Language Pathology Services Credential authorizes the holder to conduct Language, Speech, and Hearing Assessments and provide Educational Services, provide specific learning disability area services related to speech and language, and special education services to individuals with language and speech impairments across the special education disability areas, to students from birth through age 22 in services across the continuum of program options available found in California Code of Regulations Title 5 Section 80048.9.3.
1. University Application
Candidates not currently enrolled at the University will have to submit an application. Complete the online application at Cal State Apply. There is a $55 application fee. We have recently upgraded our online university application to the Cal State Apply system. This upgrade is still in progress and so some of our academic programs may not be immediately visible. If you are having difficulty with Cal State Apply, you can seek help via:
- The Application Help Center, including Live Chat Support
- The application support line at 857-304-2087 or CalStateApply@liaisoncas.com
- The Frequently Asked Questions Page
- Credential Applicant Guide to the Cal State Apply Application
2. Master's Degree Program Application
Candidates must directly to the Department of Communication Disorders and Sciences. Information regarding application process can be found on the departments website.
3. Credential Program Application
After being admitted to the master’s program and within the first semester of coursework, all candidates must submit a separate program application to the Credential Office.
- Online Program Application- Submit online along with nonrefundable $50.00 application processing fee (an additional $1.38 service fee will be assessed at checkout).
4. Valid California Credential or Certificate of Clearance – Information regarding applying for the Certificate of Clearance can be found here.
GPA – 2.75 overall since admission and 3.0 with no grades lower than “C” in the professional program coursework.
Contact Information and Advisement
For questions regarding the program application process, please contact the Credential Office at (818) 677-2733 or email@example.com.
Academic advisement is provided by the Department of Communication Disorders and Sciences. Contact the Department of Communication Disorders and Sciences by calling 818-677-2852.
Program Completion Process
Information regarding how to apply for your Preliminary Speech-Language Pathology Services Credential document can be found on our website.