The CLAD Certificate/EL Authorization authorizes the holder to provide the following types of instruction:
You may be required to submit two online applications. For the Credential Program application we encourage you to start early and be prepared to scan and upload documents
1. University Application
- Credential Applicant Guide to the Cal State Apply Application for 2019-2020.
- Online Program Application along with nonrefundable $50.00 application processing fee (an additional $1.38 service fee will be assessed at checkout).
3. Transcripts – Official transcripts documenting a baccalaureate degree and all post-baccalaureate work must be submitted in person or by mail to the Credential Office at:
IMPORTANT! Do not mail in transcripts until you have submitted your online application. You should request all transcripts sent directly to your home address, once you have gathered all transcripts you may submit them. Official transcripts from each institution you have attended (including community colleges) must be submitted to Admission and Records
4. Valid Credential - Provide a copy of an appropriate valid California teaching or services credential.
|ENGL 301||Language and Linguistics (3)|
|AAS/ELPS/ARMN/CHS/AFRS 417||Equity and Diversity in Schools (3)|
|CHS 433 or LING 427||Language Acquisition of the Chicana/o and other ESL Speakers (3) or Languages in Contact (3)|
|SED 529||Teaching English Learners in Multiethnic Secondary Schools (3)|
A maximum of 3 units taken at a prior University may be considered for substitution. A course substitution form is available here. SED 529 may not be substituted.
- GPA – 3.0 with no grades lower than “C”
- Exit Portfolio - Instructions can be found here
Contact Information and Advisement
For questions regarding the program application process, please contact the Credential Office at (818) 677-2733 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Completion Process
Information regarding how to apply for the CLAD Certificate document can be found on our website
IMPORTANT! Before beginning the online application, make sure you are not logged into the CSUN portal. All required documents must be uploaded with your online application do not mail or fax any documents. The only item that should be mailed are transcripts, if applicable.