The CLAD Certificate/EL Authorization authorizes the holder to provide the following types of instruction:
You may be required to submit two online applications. For the Credential Program application we encourage you to start early and be prepared to scan and upload documents
1. University Application
- In your previous school’s transcript ordering system, choose "CSU Northridge" as the recipient. If this option is not available, use email@example.com as the recipient email address.
- If submitting California community college transcripts, please review eTranscript California and use this convenient system.
- Please do not send identical, duplicate electronic and paper transcripts!
- If your previous school(s) do not supply electronic transcripts, order two identical, official paper copies of those transcripts and have them sent to your mailing address.
- Once you receive the two transcript sets, do not open them. Forward each set to us in sealed envelopes—one set to the Credential Office and the other to Admissions and Records at the following addresses:
|Admissions and Records' Address:||Credential Office's Address:|
Admissions & Records
CSUN - Office of Admissions and Records
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8207
CSUN - Credential Office EA 103
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8265
4. Valid Credential - Provide a copy of an appropriate valid California teaching or services credential.
|ENGL 301||Language and Linguistics (3)|
|AAS/ELPS/ARMN/CHS/AFRS 417||Equity and Diversity in Schools (3)|
|CHS 433 or LING 427||Language Acquisition of the Chicana/o and other ESL Speakers (3) or Languages in Contact (3)|
|SED 529||Teaching English Learners in Multiethnic Secondary Schools (3)|
A maximum of 3 units taken at a prior University may be considered for substitution. A course substitution form is available here. SED 529 may not be substituted.
- GPA – 3.0 with no grades lower than “C”
- Exit Portfolio - Instructions can be found here
Contact Information and Advisement
For questions regarding the program application process, please contact the Credential Office at (818) 677-2733 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Completion Process
Information regarding how to apply for the CLAD Certificate document can be found on our website
IMPORTANT! Before beginning the online application, make sure you are not logged into the CSUN portal. All required documents must be uploaded with your online application. Do not mail or fax any documents, except for hardcopy transcripts, which must be mailed