The CLAD Certificate/EL Authorization authorizes the holder to provide the following types of instruction:
You may be required to submit two online applications. For the Credential Program application we encourage you to start early and be prepared to scan and upload documents
1. University Application
- In your previous school’s transcript ordering system, choose "CSU Northridge" as the recipient. If this option is not available, use email@example.com as the recipient email address.
- If submitting California community college transcripts, please review eTranscript California and use this convenient system.
- If you are a CSUN graduate, the only transcripts you are required to submit are for any other post baccalaureate coursework that you have completed at another institution.
- Both Graduate Admissions and the Credentials Office will have access to your electronic transcripts, so no duplicates are needed.
- Please do not send identical, duplicate electronic and paper transcripts!
- If your previous school(s) do not supply electronic transcripts, have official paper copies of your transcripts sent in unopened envelopes to:
|ENGL 301||Language and Linguistics (3)|
|AAS/ELPS/ARMN/CHS/AFRS 417||Equity and Diversity in Schools (3)|
|CHS 433 or LING 427||Language Acquisition of the Chicana/o and other ESL Speakers (3) or Languages in Contact (3)|
|SED 529||Teaching English Learners in Multiethnic Secondary Schools (3)|
A maximum of 3 units taken at a prior University may be considered for substitution. A course substitution form is available here. SED 529 may not be substituted.
- GPA – 3.0 with no grades lower than “C”
- Exit Portfolio - Instructions can be found here
Contact Information and Advisement
For questions regarding the program application process, please contact the Credential Office at (818) 677-2733 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Completion Process
Information regarding how to apply for the CLAD Certificate document can be found on our website
IMPORTANT! Before beginning the online application, make sure you are not logged into the CSUN portal. All required documents must be uploaded with your online application do not mail or fax any documents. The only item that should be mailed are transcripts, if applicable.