Bilingual Added Authorization (Armenian, Korean and Spanish)
Bilingual Authorization authorizes the holder to provide the following instruction to English learners:
- Instruction for English Language Development (ELD)
- Instruction for Primary Language Development
- Specially Designed Academic Instruction Delivered in English (SDAIE)
- Content Instruction Delivered in the Primary Language
For detailed information please refer to the CTC website
You may be required to submit two online applications. For the Credential Program application we encourage you to start early and be prepared to scan and upload documents.
3. Transcripts – Official transcripts from each institution you have attended (including community colleges) must be submitted. If you are a CSUN graduate, the only transcripts you are required to submit are for any other post baccalaureate coursework that you have completed at another institution.
- In your previous school’s transcript ordering system, choose "CSU Northridge" as the recipient. If this option is not available, use firstname.lastname@example.org as the recipient email address.
- If submitting California community college transcripts, please review eTranscript California and use this convenient system.
- Please do not send identical, duplicate electronic and paper transcripts!
- If your previous school(s) do not supply electronic transcripts, order two identical, official paper copies of those transcripts and have them sent to your mailing address.
- Once you receive the two transcript sets, do not open them. Forward each set to us in sealed envelopes—one set to the Credential Office and the other to Admissions and Records at the following addresses:
|Admissions & Records|
CSUN - Office of Admissions and Records
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8207
CSUN – Credential Office EA 103
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8265
Currently Admitted - Individuals currently admitted to the CSUN Single Subject, Multiple Subject or Education Specialist credential program may request concurrent enrollment in the Bilingual Added Authorization Program.
Please note: ITEP, FYI and JYI are not eligible for concurrent enrollment.
5. Language Proficiency - Documentation of one of the following is required for admission:
> *Passage of CSET LOTE II (Armenian) or CSET LOTE III (Korean or Spanish)
> College or high school transcript (3 years or more) from a country where the target language is spoken
> College major in Armenian, Korean or Spanish
*Important Note: All candidates must pass the appropriate CSET LOTE subtest prior to credential recommendation; this includes internship credentials. For those completing the Bilingual Added Authorization concurrently with their credential program, CSET LOTE must be passed prior to student teaching. Official scores must be sent directly form Evaluation Systems to CSUN. If you did not request the official scores to be sent to CSUN you will need to upload a copy to the Credential online program application.
Bilingual Methods Class
Culture Specific Class
EED 525/SED 525BL
Bilingual and Bicultural Teaching (3)
Armenian American Child and the Schools (3)
Passage of CSET LOTE II
|Korean||EED 525/SED 525BLBilingual and Bicultural Teaching (3)||SED 516KOLTeaching the Bilingual and Bicultural Child: Korean American (3)||Passage of CSET LOTE IIIKorean|
EED 525/SED 525BLBilingual and Bicultural Teaching (3)
CHS 430 The Chicano Child (3) or CHS 431 The Chicano Adolescent (3)
Passage of CSET LOTE III
Courses may be taken in any order. Only CSUN courses listed here are acceptable; other CSUN courses will not be considered for substitutions. All coursework must meet the catalog requirement of not being older than seven years a the completion of the program.
Individuals in a pre-credential model are required to provide tutoring or small group instruction in a bilingual setting using their target language and whenever possible should also be placed in a bilingual classroom for one semester of student teaching.
Individuals in a post-credential model are required to provide tutoring or small group instruction in a bilingual setting using their target language. They will be evaluated by the site and university supervisor using an instrument developed by the program.
- GPA – 3.0 with no grades lower than “C”
- Exit Portfolio – See instructions here
Contact Information and Advisement
For questions regarding the program application process, please contact the Credential Office at (818) 677-2733 or email@example.com
For program advisement, please contact Dr. Mónica García at (818) 677-4999 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Completion Process
Information regarding how to apply to have the Bilingual Authorization added to your existing credential document can be found on our website
IMPORTANT! Before beginning the online application, make sure you are not logged into the CSUN portal. All required documents must be uploaded with your online application. Do not mail or fax any documents, except for hardcopy transcripts, which must be mailed.