Tips for removal and pick up request of Hazardous Waste
- Complete a Hazardous Waste Transfer Form and submit it to email@example.com (at least 48hrs. prior to pick up). Transfer Form must include chemical/waste name, amount of waste to be disposed of, preparation date and hazard class of the hazardous waste.
- Hazardous waste containers shall be of a material that is chemically compatible with waste(s), and closed.
- Incompatible wastes must be separated.
- Secondary containment must be used for all liquid containers to prevent spills or leaks. Incompatible wastes shall not be stored within the same secondary containment device.
- Each container must be labeled and dated.
- For further details go to the EH&S Hazardous Waste Management Program web page.
Implementations for the safety and wellbeing of all during COVID-19
- All large volume waste will need to be palletized, shrink wrapped, and placed in a pre-approved outdoor area for ease of forklift accessibility.
- All smaller volume waste should be placed in secondary containment and staged on a wheeled cart (if necessary), then placed in an area that has been pre-approved by EH&S.
- All departmental hazardous waste handlers shall not leave hazardous waste unattended.
- Usage of face coverings and required PPE will be asked to be practiced for both in door and outdoor pickups.
- For any questions/concerns on any of the above conditions please contact EH&S at x2401 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to complete when scheduling a hazardous waste pick up request
- Name: First and last name of contact person
- Email: Email address of contact person
- Phone number: Best phone number for reaching contact person
- Address: Building name and room number waste will be transferred from
- Notes: (optional, as needed) comments / additional requests (ie. supplies)
Thank you for taking the time to arrange a hazardous waste pickup with EH&S. If you have any questions email email@example.com or call (818) 677-2401.